• UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Re: AMD FX-8320E 95W (32nm Vishera)

The power savings makes the FX8320E a better fit for the £40 to £50 AMD 970 and 760G based motherboards though.

Having said that the E series chips appear to be a new revision - it makes me wonder whether ALL of the newer FX chips are this revision??

Thanks

What grates me the most here is that AMD expects us customers to bear with them while they get their act together and release a new architecture. But, as soon as AMD go to 2xnm, they'll drop support for AM3+ in the blink of an eye (possibly in the guise of DDR4 support).

Nothing surprising here. Intel's x86 stupid licensing model will never allow for any meaningful competition. This is why I have my fingers crossed for ARM powered desktops to enter the market. Ideally in the form of mediatek SoCs. American-free processing power. That's the dream

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hicks12 View Post
    Yup bit confused with this as you start out with saying the price is inline with the i3 range so why not include the i3 part within the test guys? We all know by now that what Company A thinks their product competes with from Company B is invalid so please just go by price!

Also the fact that the motherboard looks to be taking an extra 19w at idle means the power consumption benchmark is irrelevant, you're saying it should be similar to the 8730e but it should still be slightly lower than this based on the clocks no? so there is a difference in power usage, really should just exclude this as the motherboard has tainted those results.

With regards to the gaming section I would suggest you look at the difference as a whole as it would show it differently, for instance vs the i5 its £40 you said so I just had a quick google and you can get the GTX 770 for £250 and the GTX 780TI for £290, thats £40 of a quick google so comparing those two cards, i5 + 770 vs FX 8320e + 780TI how does it fair in the gameplay area? It probably does better therefore it is a better buy than the i5 surprisingly.

Hoping the next AMD architecture rectifies the issues with initial bulldozer design so they can finally be back on top .
    Might not be everyone cup of tea, but you can pick up a 2nd hand r9 290 from ebay for 150 quid and spend the rest on a good cpu.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information