• Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Use the ps2 adaptor and it cures the problem..

Dunno why it messes up on USB, and like you, the update did absolutely nothing to fix the issue..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo
    Use the ps2 adaptor and it cures the problem..

Dunno why it messes up on USB, and like you, the update did absolutely nothing to fix the issue..
    This problem is not with the mouse or software, but with some people's USB ports. It's to do with the way USB works and it is not uncommon. I had the same problem with my MS Explorer (corded), my MS Optical Wireless 2.0 Mouse and My MX1000. It works perfectly on my PS2 port. I have seen the problem on other PC's too, esspecially when playing games because USB is processor dependant (processor stressed = unreliable USB). It was more of a problem for USB1, but still happens with USB2. I now have an add-in USB2 PCI card with works fine.

However some mice are more prone to USB problem than others. I am also told (not sure if this is 100% right) that divices that draw more power from the port play up more. Also I am told having lots of devices plugged into the other ports or using hubs can cause problems (again, not 100% about that, maybe someone can confirm). I guess you don't notice the problem with other devices as mice need to be far more acurate and responsive.

That said, interference from things like close TVs, Mobiles, Vacume cleaners and other things can also cause simular problems for wireless mice.

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    If that's true, then why was my old mx700 absolutely fine on exactly the same hardware?

And why does Logitech think the error is to do with it's software?
    Last edited by Stoo; 29-03-2005 at 06:28 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    In fact...

Quote Originally Posted by Logitech Customer Support
    Thank you for contacting Logitech's Electronic Technical Support.

I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I understand that your MX1000 mouse cursor is behaving erratically when connected to the USB port and you have tried installing SetPoint 2.14 without any success.

I would like to inform you that you may be experiencing this issue because of a hardware defect with the receiver for your Logitech MX1000 mouse. To verify this, I suggest you to try using the mouse on a different PC.

If the issue persists on a different system, please write back to me with your complete shipping address and I will gladly ship you the replacement receiver, free of cost.

If you have any additional questions regarding your product, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.logitech.com

Kind Regards,

Rajeev Kaushik
    Logitech Europe SA
    European Customer Support
    So now you know
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thanks
    Glad you got it sorted , obviously the info I posted was not relevant to you. But it is known problem with some systems.

Thanks
    I'm an all new MX1000 user.
    Until now I've been a dedicated ball-mouse owner. Optical mice had until recently, frustrated me in use, both with games and simple windows operations.
    Similarily I've been avoiding wireless technology as a wire never bothered me and the lag I've noticed when testing other mice was a pain.

At Christmas I received the latest MS Comfort keyboard and mouse wireless combo. The keyboard is great but the batteries have been hopeless and dying in about 24-36hrs use. The mouse surprised me. I'd heard bad reviews of the MS vn4 wireless but the battery life is great and is easy to use for both lh and rh peeps. Despite being simplistic and clunky it works well.

Encouraged by my wireless experience and all the great reviews (including the Hexus one) I ordered my MX1000 and am seriouesly impressed.
    Build quality is first rate, the shape fits my hand better than I expected and all the buttons are conveniently situated. It's fast, accurate and in operation precise to use.
    I've not experienced lag, timeout or lift-off issues but then I'm sticking to the PS/2 port for now.

Reference USB Problems:

USB has a standard power rating. However in many motherboard implimentations the power available to each socket does not meet the standards set. In fact the power available can vary from socket to socket on the same motherboard!
    While this tends to be a thing of the past the reason Logitech will tell you to try the hardware elsewhere is to see if your machine is suffering from this issue.

It's important to realise each device draws different levels of current. A USB socket that works for one device may not work for another as the motherboard struggles to supply the constant current a more power-hungry device may require.
    The usual way of ensuring USB power stability is to fit a PCI USB card dedicated to supplying USB needs or using an externally powered USB hub.

A word of WARNING though!
    NEVER fit a powered up external USB device to a booted PC. Especially one performing hard drive operations. A powered USB device can cause a power spike though the USB port and I've lost a hard drive as a result of this in the past.

Many thanks for the review. It has helped to guide me in the direction of mouse heaven
    Vimeous : i7 7700K | 16Gb | ASUS Strix Z270G | GTX1080 | 960 EVO 500GB NVMe | 850 EVO 500GB | TX650W | NZXT S340 Elite | Dell U2713H + 17" | 10 Pro
    Willowin : i7 3570K | 16Gb | ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe | GTX 660 TI | 2x 1TB 840EVO | Sugo SG05BB-450 | Dell U2713H + 17" | 8.1 Pro
    Svr : X2 4200+ | 2Gb | ASUS A8N-SLI Premium | HD6870 | SonicFury | 8x 250Gb (2x RAID10) | 3Ware 9650SE-8LPML | Seasonic 700W | CM Stacker 830 | XP Pro
    NAS : DS1511+ | DX513
    W : Dell Precision T3610 | E5-1650 V2 | 16GB | Quadro K2000 | 256GB SSD | 1TB HDD | 8.1 Pro | 2x Dell U2515H

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    Glad you liked the review

Enjoy the mouse!

m@
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information