Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 16 of 24

Thread: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

  1. #1
    HEXUS.admin
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,685
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1,996 times in 702 posts

    PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    The first partner card goes through the labs.
    Read more.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    690
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    28 times in 20 posts
    • Gentle Viking's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus extreme X399
      • CPU:
      • TR 1920 X
      • Memory:
      • G Skill 64GB ( 8 X 8 ) PC3600 @ 3400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung evo 500GB nvme - 256GB Kingston SSD - 4TB spinning disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 5700 XT red devil
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850I
      • Case:
      • Working on it, done summer 2020
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iiyama GB2788HS
      • Internet:
      • docis 3.1 cable 1000/100 mbit

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Only 6 cards listed over here in DK, none of them with a Date when you will be able to buy one.
    Not that it matter for me, this is a price bracket i am not able to play in.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Kingdom O Fife
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    15 times in 13 posts
    • zaph0d's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rampage II Extreme
      • CPU:
      • Socket 1366 2.66GHz Xeon 5650 Hex-Core @ 4 GHz - Speedstep Enabled - Custom Liquid Cooled
      • Memory:
      • 48GB - 6x 8GB @ 1600MHz
      • Storage:
      • 2x240 GB SSD's inmRaid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • AMD R9 380 2Gb
      • PSU:
      • 1000W Coolermaster
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-343B (Original Model)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Toshiba 49" 4K tv
      • Internet:
      • 76MBit TalkTalk Fibre - Actually get the full 76MBit too :P

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    In the FH4, how on earth has the 3090 got a faster Minimum Frames than the Average?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    4 times in 4 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    To me it comes to which card offers best performance and saving on the power bill....

    I see quite the horsepower from the AMD Mid Range card for this... I wonder what the 6900XT(X) would be like? Especially when the drivers start to mature.

  5. #5
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by zaph0d View Post
    In the FH4, how on earth has the 3090 got a faster Minimum Frames than the Average?
    Probably a typing error, would assume it was meant to be 152 or 162.

    Still, looks absolutely ridiculous and it's surprising that it went through (possibly due to lack of proofreading).

  6. #6
    Moosekateer CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    30,426
    Thanks
    3,486
    Thanked
    4,823 times in 3,723 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by QuorTek View Post
    To me it comes to which card offers best performance and saving on the power bill....

    I see quite the horsepower from the AMD Mid Range card for this... I wonder what the 6900XT(X) would be like? Especially when the drivers start to mature.
    I would imagine the RTX3060TI/RTX3060 or RX6700/RX6600 should be better in this regard as they use smaller dies??


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    4 times in 4 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by CAT-THE-FIFTH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by QuorTek View Post
    To me it comes to which card offers best performance and saving on the power bill....

    I see quite the horsepower from the AMD Mid Range card for this... I wonder what the 6900XT(X) would be like? Especially when the drivers start to mature.
    I would imagine the RTX3060TI/RTX3060 or RX6700/RX6600 should be better in this regard as they use smaller dies??
    They wont match the resolutions I run my stuff at though.

  8. #8
    Moosekateer CAT-THE-FIFTH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    30,426
    Thanks
    3,486
    Thanked
    4,823 times in 3,723 posts
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by QuorTek View Post
    They wont match the resolutions I run my stuff at though.
    Apparently AMD slides indicated the RX6900XT had the best performance/watt of the launch stack??



    The RX6800XT is touted as a 54% improvement.


    Those despicable Elk,stealing the pond weed!

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Stock for AIB looks even worse than reference! AMD is surely in a worse position than Nvidia at this point?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Wonderful Warwick!
    Posts
    3,528
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked
    147 times in 125 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Millenialwithsky View Post
    Stock for AIB looks even worse than reference! AMD is surely in a worse position than Nvidia at this point?
    I'm not quite so sure - this weird year has made everything look all over the place. Demand is massive and they can't make them and pack them quick enough with the 6 months of full production basically lost. Having half as many people in the factories packing stuff slows it down to about third speed.
    What is totally obvious though is a global pandemic doesn't stop people buying what they want as soon as it comes out
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

  11. #11
    Long time lurking Ozaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    612
    Thanks
    78
    Thanked
    34 times in 33 posts
    • Ozaron's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI X570 Unify
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Patriot Blackout @ 3800 CL16
      • Storage:
      • Toshiba X300 4TB (2), Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire 5700XT, Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic M12-II 620w
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • W10 Enterprise 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte G27QC
      • Internet:
      • 2.5 MB/s ↓ 0.86 MB/s ↑ ~20ms

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    I was watching all the big ish UK names for available stock of any AIB today, bar Amazon, and when the time came I saw only 3 listings from 2 sites all reporting out of stock from the get-go.
    Pretty disappointed.

  12. #12
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    2 times in 2 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozaron View Post
    I was watching all the big ish UK names for available stock of any AIB today, bar Amazon, and when the time came I saw only 3 listings from 2 sites all reporting out of stock from the get-go.
    Pretty disappointed.
    At this stage the disappointment becomes quite expected . I would be more suprised if there was more available. There's loads of people watching discord channels for bots to tell them if theres stock. It's madness.

  13. #13
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkI View Post
    At this stage the disappointment becomes quite expected . I would be more suprised if there was more available. There's loads of people watching discord channels for bots to tell them if theres stock. It's madness.
    thats how i got my 3070 This is The Way

  14. #14
    Team HEXUS.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    368 times in 205 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by zaph0d View Post
    In the FH4, how on earth has the 3090 got a faster Minimum Frames than the Average?
    It's an anomaly of the benchmark result. It happens more often than not, so we're looking at graphing it a different way.

  15. #15
    Team HEXUS.net
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    67
    Thanked
    368 times in 205 posts

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentSnake View Post
    Probably a typing error, would assume it was meant to be 152 or 162.

    Still, looks absolutely ridiculous and it's surprising that it went through (possibly due to lack of proofreading).
    As on the other comment, it's how the benchmark spits out the result for the RTX 3090. It happens in SOTTR at FHD, too, so that is why that has no minimums posted.

  16. #16
    ilh
    ilh is offline
    Registered+
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    1 time in 1 post

    Re: PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Devil Limited Edition

    An RGB implementation at all is a con. I wish the tacky RGB fad would just die already.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •