• Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Well, that was informative - especially since I don't know whether you're complaining that they're included (they're not) or that they're not...

...and Caged is a speaker of much truth; makes me laugh when I see people on the forums slagging Dell; no, they don't perhaps produce the flashiest machines, but when you've had to deal with their Optiplex, Latitude or Poweredge support guys, when you KNOW that next day on-site means exactly that, that a man will be there with parts and a screwdriver, then you get a better perspective on what service is (or should be) about.
    Last edited by nichomach; 04-08-2005 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks
    We at MESH do take service very seriously.

If a genuine customer has a genuine grievance, then I would be happy for them to come along to our offices, meet with me personally, we will go through their issues and effect a mutually-acceptable solution.

Given that MESH is now one of the largest system manufacturers in the UK, with 20 years of experience, I do not think that you will get this offer from our competitors.

I believe that customers who have seen MESH in operation, will understand just how committed we are.

Paul’s suggestion that customers who raise issues here, do so with enough detail so that we may respond seems entirely reasonable.

Surely any customer who has an unresolved problem would want an appropriate response & solution. It is not possible for us to respond accurately to anonymous queries.

We have hundreds of thousands of customers across the UK – the vast majority of which are very happy with our products and service.

When you are servicing that number of customers, there will always be cases where the support you give is not as good as you would have liked it to be.

The reasons for this will vary according to individual cases.

I want to make sure that everyone at HEXUS understands that we are serious about service, serious about improving our products and support and serious about customer satisfaction.

I would like to issue a invitation to Twigman, Yorkie Ben, RC55 and Nichomach to come down to MESH’s HQ and discuss their cases with me in person.

In addition to providing a mutually acceptable solution to any outstanding issues you may have, I will also include a tour of our operation and you can see first hand exactly what kind of company MESH Computers Plc is.

We are very proud of what we have achieved, our position in the market and we are happy to work openly with customers to become even better in the future.

Kind regards,

Tony Riccardi
    General Manager

MESH Computers Plc
    MESH House
    Oxgate Lane
    London
    NW2 7HF
    Last edited by Tony R; 04-08-2005 at 09:47 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Riccardi
    ...invitation to Twigman, Yorkie Ben, RC55 and Nichomach to come down to MESH’s HQ and discuss their cases with me in person... to provide a mutually acceptable solution...
    Can't say fairer than that !
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks
    Wow, never expected that to pop out.

Never heard any problems from mesh on my end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Will work for beer... nichomach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 95W
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • 1x250GB Maxtor SATAII, 1x 400GB Hitachi SATAII
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Thanks you for your response, Mr. Riccardi; as I said above, I don't have anything agianst Mesh in particular, my objection is more to people being required to post purchase order numbers/invoice details/customer numbers/inside leg measurements to comment on a news item; were this a support forum (have you spoken to the Hexites about the possibility of a support forum here?) then I could well understand that requirement, but it isn't. I'm also sure that people with outstanding issues will welcome that opportunity and evidence of willingness to engage with your customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrzej
    Can't say fairer than that !
    Agreed.
    Last edited by nichomach; 04-08-2005 at 10:00 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    my objection is more to people being required to post purchase order numbers/invoice details/customer numbers/inside leg measurements to comment on a news item
    I think some of that information is necessary if the person making the complaint wants some sort of resolution. However, if somebody has had past experience with a company and simply wants to voice their opinion, then as long as they do that in a reasonable manner, that's fine. Sound fair?

Also, thanks for your input Tony.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Exactly, Kez. I think that would be entirely fair, but that definitely wasn't what the new rule described above said.

Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Quote Originally Posted by PD HEXUS
    hi Nick, would not the most useful feedback be one which sets out a genuinely constructive suggestion on how best this should be managed? you appear critical of what’s been said, but don’t yet seem to be offering a better or even alternative solution…
    In the first place, you appear to have invented a problem and then demanded a solution for it; is there any evidence that competitors have been fabricating posts in order to make Mesh look bad? If there is, then the posters can be barred and outed, surely.

In the second, if posters are indulging in personal slanging matches, that's already covered by the forum rules, and the poster can be warned and then suspended.

In the third, if Mesh want to engage with Hexus posters who have any sort of issue which they want a resolution to, why not establish with the cooperation of Mesh a dedicated support sub-forum; it works for Scan, Komplett and others - it makes them look good, aside from anything else and demonstrates a willingness to engage with the punters here. Now in their fora, it's entirely appropriate to require order/customer numbers off posters with problems, since the fora are established for that very purpose. right2reply, on the other hand, is a forum for comment on news/reviews/interviews. It's not a support forum and requiring those more restrictive details from people just wishing to comment on a story or an interview is overly onerous.

There is no guarantee that anything posted on a forum is true; but if someone posts a story which a company feels portrays them in a bad light, they have the option to respond; Mr. Riccardi has demonstrated a damned effective way of doing that - "if you have a problem, communicate with us and we will sort it" - and any other company has the same option. If people don't respond to that, then the company has the option of noting that they offered that response and that it was effectively declined. And if it turns out that a story is fabricated, then the company can respond to that too, and if the story was planted by a competitor, then that can be addressed and as noted above, it'll just make the competitor look bad.

please understand that i’m not saying this to antagonise you, i simply want to have in place the fairest and, hopefully, the most manageable way for HEXUS.community members to freely express themselves.
    And the fairest, most open way is to allow people to express their opinion without pulling the name/rank/number stuff. Once again, this is a comment forum, not a support forum.

hopefully you understand that this must be balanced by allowing a company that’s being publicly written about, to know that what’s being said is truthful - and whether or not it should be doing something about the situation.
    There's no guarantee that anything written on a forum is truthful, and surely a company has the option of requesting further details to investigate an allegation and to respond to it. If the poster declines to do that, then that also can be noted, and people are smart enough to draw the appropriate conclusion from that.

ergo ‘we’re on your side’ so to speak.
    I don't doubt that for a moment; but stifling open discussion could make that position appear compromised.

moving on - have you any better alternative than the one i've set out?
    Yes; the status quo for right2reply, that it remains a forum for comment and is understood to be such, but that companies have the option of responding if they wish, and that if a manufacturer wishes to apply the rules of one of the support forums, they should be able to establish one.

Old boys club member
    Thanks

Lightbulb

Hi all

Just a suggestion but in agreement with some of Nicho's comments maybe the best way to deal with any forms of problems or support issues with any system builders are to post your details, in the format Paul has requested, in a new thread in the HEXUS.help subforum and then PM either Paul or one of the mods to advise us of the issue and we will endevour to bring this to the attention of the manufacturer.

This keeps things nice, tidy and on-topic, and also brings the benifts of support forums to the attention of manufacturers

Cheers

Andy

Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    Fine, we have a difference of opinion and they're your forums.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nichomach
    ...difference of opinion...
    But it is nice that everyone concerned has the customer's best interests at heart
    "X800GT... snap it up while you still can"
    HEXUS
    ......................................August 2005

Thanks
    • nichomach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 16GB DR3
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Zotac GTX 1060 3GB
      • PSU:
      • Coolermaster 500W
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 20" TFT
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media Cable
    True, Andrzej; and once again, I'd say that I have nothing against Mesh in particular; my objections are general ones with regard to this forum, not cut to their fit; nor do I think that there's any sinister commercial motive behind the new rules. I just think it's the wrong approach, but then they're not my forums *shrugs* .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information