Thread: Extremely Mad? EE? XE? Lost?

DR
    Thanks

Extremely Mad? EE? XE? Lost?

For those looking to get the most out of a Pentium 4 processor, especially up in the giddy heights of 4GHz operation with a 3.0, 3.2 or 3.2 Extreme Edition, VapoChill XE will suit your obviously deep pockets.

Again, thoroughly recommended for the well off overclocker, especially the Pentium 4 runner. 4000MHz is a lovely figure. The overclocking world awaits Asetek's Athlon 64 mounting hardware with baited breath, I'm sure they wont disappoint.

URL : http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...JsX3BhZ2U9MQ==

Thanks
    What is this undying love for P4? Are you sponsored or something? Everyone knows that a P4 dissipates more heat than an Athlon. It's done so ever since P4 arrived. The P3 was cooler than a matching Athlon, never a P4. You probably should use more energy trying do do a A64/chill since it scales a lot better and even with it's 100m + trannies is cooler than a P4.

DR
    Thanks
    Yep hence why if you READ the review rather than coming on here and being condescending you would understand we are waiting for te A64 mounting system since we know it is a faster CPU.

We don't have an undying love for P4, and how dare you accuse us of being sponsored.

Thanks
    • Bunjiweb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte UD
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 3.6GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 2950GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 550 Ti OC
      • Case:
      • Alienware 7500
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" HannsG HG281D
      • Internet:
      • Virgin V.I.P. 60mb
    WhaleBiter....

I can only assume you signed up with the sole intention of writing that rediculous post.

I suggest you get your facts right, and actually READ before you type.

As David said, We know the A64 is a better CPU, No where have we even smeared a bit of brown on our nose for Intel.

Ben
    =========
    NOTHING TO BE SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG PLEASE....

:: of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most ::

Thanks
    Hi

Can we see Vapochilled EE versus a Vapochilled FX pls

I would love to see a Vapochilled FX with that new registered Mushkin 2-3-2 ram (as i'm seriously thinking of putting one together

Chrs

DR
    Thanks
    Yep of course - as soon as Asetek have a mounting solution on hand to help us to do this.

We have already asked them before the FX even launched for an A64 mounting solution.

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Whalebiter
    What is this undying love for P4? Are you sponsored or something? Everyone knows that a P4 dissipates more heat than an Athlon. It's done so ever since P4 arrived. The P3 was cooler than a matching Athlon, never a P4. You probably should use more energy trying do do a A64/chill since it scales a lot better and even with it's 100m + trannies is cooler than a P4.
    Ah great an AMD fan-boy.. woo.

True the P4 EE is a quick and dirty attempt by Intel to combat the FX-51 which wont hold water, however what you are impling is inflamatory and uncalled for. Not everyone cares about A64 so much they are willing to completely ignore the competition, its nice to have some variety.
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Thanks

Cool

I can see why I got a few reactions on that one... I was in a state of (unrelated) anger whan I wrote that, and may have expressed myself a bit harsh. Sorry about the sponsor comment.

Originally posted by Hexus
    It's quite obvious that the Pentium 4 is the VapoChill XE's natural forte. From the easier installation compared to Socket A and greater cooling capacity due to cooler CPU's, you can see why P4 is the CPU of choice for most VapoChill users today.

URL : http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...JsX3BhZ2U9Nw==
    However - What I reacted too, was (1) the comment about a P4 beeing a cooler CPU which it isn't. The Athlon beeing a hot CPU is a legacy from the days of the original Athlon and maybe the T-Bird. Other CPU's have become hotter and hotter (which is only natural) while the Atlon have stayed about the same. That makes the Athlon a normal CPU (Temp-wise) and the P4 a hot CPU.
    And (2) an enthusiast buying a system like this really wouldn't care about the slightly easier mounting would he?
    And (3) isn't it a bit premature to the say the P4 is the wapochill XE's natural forte when you yourself say that an Athlon 64 test awaits?

Bindi: I agree with what you say. I wouldn't call myself a fanboy, but yes, I prefer AMD for 3 simple reasons: Game performance, general usage performance and a cheap pricetag.
    Last edited by Whalebiter; 09-10-2003 at 11:37 AM.

Happy Now?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by Whalebiter
    However - What I reacted too, was (1) the comment about a P4 beeing a cooler CPU which it isn't. The Athlon beeing a hot CPU is a legacy from the days of the original Athlon and maybe the T-Bird. Other CPU's have become hotter and hotter (which is only natural) while the Atlon have stayed about the same. That makes the Athlon a normal CPU (Temp-wise) and the P4 a hot CPU.
    And (2) an enthusiast buying a system like this really wouldn't care about the slightly easier mounting would he?
    And (3) isn't it a bit premature to the say the P4 is the wapochill XE's natural forte when you yourself say that an Athlon 64 test awaits?

Bindi: I agree with what you say. I wouldn't call myself a fanboy, but yes, I prefer AMD for 3 simple reasons: Game performance, general usage performance and a cheap pricetag.
    Cheaper prices - FX-51 is the same price as the P4EE
    Performance - well, its down to the user. I still wouldnt buy an AMD64 till PCI-E comes out though. First gen chipsets are crap and so are early drivers.

I agree though that P4 has almost reached its peak. But im waiting till PCI-Express till i consider an A64.

Easier mounting - well, i PREFER not to have the hassle tbh. Easier mounting is better for everyone i would have thought. Sure enthusiasts go to the extra effort, otherwise they wouldnt have bought a vapo in the first place.
    A64 mounting isnt avaliable yet. So, its like saying that the A64 isnt as good as something due out next year, or the 9800XT isnt as good as the NV40. Ya see what i mean?
    I dont like sig pics so i turn off sigs Which doesnt help when i dont know what ive written here! DOH!

Registered+
    Thanks
    Hah!
    So it was u guys that vapochilled that P4EE?

Naughty

(was all gunky after we got hold of it again :fnar: )

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Shouldn't have been that bad, I cleaned it up before posting it to Gareth. Couple of naughty bits of goo on the bottom that I couldn't shift, but that's it

I'm just glad it still worked

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Registered+
    Thanks
    lol Nick was a bit worried i think

DR
    Thanks
    Worried... he threatened to cut us off...

Wats ur tale mothergoose?
    Thanks
    • Korky's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit IP35-Pro
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 160GB WD RE2 RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD 4870x2
      • PSU:
      • XFX 850W
      • Case:
      • Cheapo
      • Operating System:
      • Windows Vista 32bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 18" Hanns.G / 42" Panasonic G20
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Cable
    Rys did u run 3d mark with the EE if so can u tell me what scores u got thnx.
    3D Mark 2k1 - 20661

If you get a customer, or an employee, who thinks he's Charles Bronson, take the butt of your gun and smash their nose in.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    I'm not sure I follow, 3DMark scores are right there on page 6.

http://www.hexus.net/content/reviews...JsX3BhZ2U9Ng==

Rys
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thread Information