Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: UK PC Industry: The Inside Track - Interview : Tony Riccardi, General Manager - MESH

DR
    Thanks
    Firstly lets not turn this in to a 'bash mesh' thread - I will pass this thread over to Mesh in order for them to look in to it.

Without doubt they are not doing this on purpose, it could be an oversight, or plain, simple bad lcuk.

Thanks
    I dont mean to make this more of a bash mesh thread but i feel strongly about this.

I used to recommend Mesh pcs to people I know as i thought they were good value for money and obvioulsy cheap parts didnt seem to be used. All in all i have got mesh over 15 sales in the last few years...

However now i dont recommend mesh. Why, because several months one of the people who bought a mesh system (that i recommended) had a HDD failure.

When this happened the machine was out of warrenty which is fair enough.... BUT
    the HDD had failed a year before. The first time was a complete loss of everything on the HDD, the data totally unrecoverable, however windows could be reinstalled.

My point is that the HDD should have been replaced there and then. I told the person to phone you and ask a replacement, which she did, but was told it wasnt necessary.

This was a complete lie and there is no way mesh wouldnt have known about the problems with this particular HDD. The HDD in question was a fujitsu MPG3xxx drive which was widely known to be guarenteed to fail, and is the reason why fujitsu no longer makes HDD. I know the HDD in question was faulty as the cirrus logic chip was in the defective range. I have personally changed over a thousand of those HDD where i used to work a couple of years ago so i know which ones are defective.

Because of this i no longer recommend Mesh systems.

Thanks

Deemy/Kumagoro

Deemy,

I would very much like to check on the progress of your refund and help speed up the process if at all possible.

I have already requested your details in response to your post on two other forums two days ago but as of yet have not received any response.

If you wish me to help, please email me at services@meshcomputers.com remembering to include your serial/order number as well as your screen name (deemy) and I will respond as soon as possible.

Kumagoro

Not all Fujitsu drives were found to be faulty, although the general trend amongst consumers seems to have become one bad, all bad. Fujitsu have produced many reliable hard drives but unfortunately as you are aware a limited number of batches of a certain model had a defect that would cause them to fail. The fact that the example you provide refers to a drive that appeared to fail, but in fact continued to operate after an re-installation of Windows would lead me to conclude that the drive was not one of the faulty batches of hard drives.

Davey
    Mesh Support

DR
    Thanks
    Thanks Davey

Thanks
    Like i said i replaced well over a thousand of these defective HDD where i use to work.
    ---
    The persons HDD was a 0102 cirrus logic chip version which is in the defective chip range.

Anything under 0105 is defective, the hdd are faulty in two ways they lose all data which is totally unrecoverable and the other is that they are not recognised in the bios. If you think its ok that mesh systems contain a known defective part which messes up the computer then thats up to you, and thats why i will not be recommeding mesh again.

Thanks

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Rys
    The 4th was Thursday. A couple of weekend days have probably wound up getting in the way and I'd hope that it'd arrive today or tomorrow (which gives them 3 working days to sort your issue out once and for all).
    Its Wed-day the 10th now, wheres my refund ?

Nowhere, same as it never arrived when it was promised on the 20th of october, same as it never arrived when it was promised in mid September 04

Exactly how long do you want me to wait ?

Exactly how many calls do I have to make, all responding with your refund will be with you in 2-3 days ?

They LIE !!! Repeatedly ! LIE ! Just as they have did on the 4th of November !

What are the chances that I will be posting on the 30th of November that I have not recieved a refund ?

Avoid Meshcomputers.com AT ALL COSTS ! Once they have your money then the only way to prise their gready hands from it is through the courts ! I'm sick of it, just now going to give it a week more so that the its clear in to the courts that they had plenty of time to refund, but never did.
    Last edited by deemy; 10-11-2004 at 11:07 PM.

Thanks

Deemy

Please email me your details as requested and I should be able to answer the questions you have asked.

Davey
    Mesh Support

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeshSupport
    Please email me your details as requested and I should be able to answer the questions you have asked.

Davey
    Mesh Support
    Okay I will emial tonight

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information