Thread: How to clean your motherboard and graphics card in the dishwasher, by Der8auer

Thanks
    • mtyson's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 4790T
      • Memory:
      • 12GB
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk 128GB SSD + Kingston 500GB SSD + NAS etc
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Radeon RX 580 Nitro+
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 430W
      • Case:
      • Zalman Z9 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • AOC 31.5-inch VA QHD monitor
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin fibre

Lightbulb How to clean your motherboard and graphics card in the dishwasher, by Der8auer

Der8auer cleans up some OC hardware in his dishwasher.

Warning: warranty stickers might wash off...

2. Received thanks from:

PC-LAD (15-10-2018)

Thanks

Re: How to clean your motherboard and graphics card in the dishwasher, by Der8auer

Ensure the CMOS battery has been expelled before doing this!!!!! IMPORTANT!!

Expel all perifs, CPU, RAM, and CMOS battery. You can likewise wash the CPU, cards, and memory, simply do them independently.

Splash the board down great with Mean Green on the two sides, ensuring everything gets covered great

Give it a chance to sit for a couple of minutes, at that point turn the high temp water on it to wash it off.

On the off chance that you see recognizes that are as yet recolored, wash it again and scour it with a toothbrush on the off chance that you have to.

To dry it:

Give it a chance to trickle dry for around 30 minutes. At that point you have to take your air blower and victory each crevise of the board. This incorporates under every one of the chips, under and inside all spaces. These incorporate CPU attachment, PCI, memory, AGP, BIOS ROM, northbridge, southbridge, VRM(s), FET's, tops, and anything that could hold water under it.

Last drying stage:

I've started up sheets I washed just 5 hours subsequent to washing, and not had any issues with them. I unquestionably don't suggest doing it that soon!! Place the board before a fan. I generally put it by a heater warm enlist. In the late spring, I put it before a crate fan. Give it a chance to ease back dry medium-term just no doubt.

Thread Information