Thread: ASUS ROGSTRIX B360-H - NVme Advice Please

Thanks

ASUS ROGSTRIX B360-H - NVme Advice Please

Hey Guys,

So, I bought a system from 3xS (again - they're awesome PC's). My motherboard is ASUS ROGSTRIX B360-H and I have a Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PLUS on it. I am assuming it's in the main port.

Not being very tech savvy, I was wondering, could I put another one in the other port? If not, what drive do I need? Any recomendations?

Thanks for your time and help.

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Re: ASUS ROGSTRIX B360-H - NVme Advice Please

Quote Originally Posted by Darkice720 View Post
    Hey Guys,

So, I bought a system from 3xS (again - they're awesome PC's). My motherboard is ASUS ROGSTRIX B360-H and I have a Samsung 1TB 970 EVO PLUS on it. I am assuming it's in the main port.

Not being very tech savvy, I was wondering, could I put another one in the other port? If not, what drive do I need? Any recomendations?

Thanks for your time and help.
    That's right. I'm not sure what slot yours is currently in, but if you stick with a 2280(22mx80m) sized drive you will be fine - this is the most common size for desktop PCs.

There may be a slight performance difference between the two ports, but not that you'll notice for standard or gaming use. You may also need an extra screw to hold the NVMe drive in place where the notch is, but maybe the drive will come with this or you may have a spare already from your build?
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Re: ASUS ROGSTRIX B360-H - NVme Advice Please

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    That's right. I'm not sure what slot yours is currently in, but if you stick with a 2280(22mx80m) sized drive you will be fine - this is the most common size for desktop PCs.

There may be a slight performance difference between the two ports, but not that you'll notice for standard or gaming use. You may also need an extra screw to hold the NVMe drive in place where the notch is, but maybe the drive will come with this or you may have a spare already from your build?

Brilliant, thank you. I went for the same one I have in there already, a Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB - fingers crossed it comes today, so I can clean my system out (physically).

Thanks again

Thread Information