Thread: Messed up with mates broadband, need advice

Thanks

Messed up with mates broadband, need advice

Hi

Basically i told him to get a router, and i got him to buy the netgear WGT624 + some microfilters

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=52450

Which it quite clearly makes the point of the fact it has a modem.

So we got it, and the first thing i noticed was strange is it came with no RJ11 cable, u know from the microfilter to the router for the internet connection, ok i thought so went down town and bought some Rj45 cable a 10m length as he needed it and a rather expensive belkin rj11 cable from pcworld.

So we gets all this home, and i put it alltogether, and it isnt working and i start to wonder why, and it turns out the internet port on this router is a rj45 connector, and i am trying to make a rj11 cable work, which if anyone has tried will know it fits in a rj45 port, but a bit loose.

So as u can see if u have been following me, some how i need to get from a rj11 connector on the filter to a rj45 connector on the router, and i don't even think it is possible.

I feel a bit of a idiot over this, and not sure what to do now, i really am not the type of person to make a mistake like this usally. I think maybe just send the router back, and get them to send me a dg834, unless someone else has a realtively cheap suggestion ??

Thx for your time, and i welcome any suggestions

Thanks
    Unfortunately, according to the manufacturers site here:

http://www.netgear.com/products/prod...odID=214&view=

This doesn't have a modem
    Now go away before I taunt you a second time.

Thanks
    lol, well that answers that then it is gonna have to go back, i was hoping we might find a solution, it has all the login stuff for a internet account in the router like, but it must not be for this type of internet connection

thx anyway

Thread Information