Thread: Port trigger or port forwarding?

Thanks

Port trigger or port forwarding?

Currently i have port forwarding setup on the Asus router for destiny 2, however this is a headache as it generally doesnt work, even though ive tested to make sure ports are open destiny 2 still has a moderate NAT, But here is the major issue, we get the error "anteater" which tells me that it is something to do with our network.

Come problem number two. i cannot for the life of me work out why we are on moderate NATS sometimes we are not, sometimes it lets only 1 of us have a open NAT (yes there is two computers running destiny 2)

Now the real issue, constant kicks, as said before but more so on only 1 of the PCs, sometimes its mine, sometimes its the other halfs

So my real question is, can i use port triggering with port forwarding or would this create a conflict? The reason i ask is that when i did setup port forward and port trigger, i had an open NAT but the tower or any location in destiny 2 became empty and with in a few minutes i would be kicked, this applies to both PCs

Am i doing something wrong?

Cheers guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it

Thanks

Re: Port trigger or port forwarding?

Is there an option for uPnP on the router?

In terms of static port forwarding, games often use a set port for communication, and if you assign this to a single computer, the other cannot also use the same port. Port triggering would allow a setup where the router could forward to each PC as required, but not both at the same time. Unless your ISP assigns you with multiple PCs or the game gives you more than one option for port forwarding, it will not be possible to manually configure the same game/service to two computers.

uPnP is often the only way around this as it allows the application to choose ports for itself. However, unless you're hosting games, manual port forwarding is usually not required for online games, and you may actually be causing the problems by attempting to configure it. Have you tried playing without the static rules and uPnP left enabled?

Thanks

Thanks for the info however I've actually tried uPnP, aswell as having a static and dynamic IP address, even when left alone and all basic settings setup without port forwarding etc I'm still having issues, this is something that will even affect just one of the computers....really frustrating

Thanks

Which ISP are you with? Also is this perhaps a known issue with the router you're using?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by watercooled View Post
    Which ISP are you -snip- you're using?
    Not sure if this is an issue with my router, its an Asus DSL AC56U, It does have an option of uPnP which i've enabled but still having issues with.

We are currently with plusnet fibre, which is fine for what we need 40mb download and we get roughly 38mb so pretty good for just gaming on.

I'm at a loss that much that i've just spent over 100 on a new fancy gaming router XD

We will see how this handles things on Monday. As far as i'm aware i've done everything i can possible, even down to the point of turning off the firewall on the router to see if that made a difference (it didnt)
    Quote Originally Posted by TAKTAK View Post
    It was so small that mine wouldn't fit into it

Thanks

I'm not too familiar with how Destiny 2 handles networking to be honest. Has it been an issue in any other games?

Thread Information