Hi i hope you can understand what i am trying to explain here! Right here i go ...I have a Aol 2mb connection on a (Greencrab) Alcatel speedtouch usb Modem.And have been told the way its set up is insecure! I have set my PC so i can connect with the AOL software and connect without the AOL software, as i find it very CPU intensive when downloading or playing online games and even when i am ebaying come to that ! The non AOL set up is on a 'ISDN channel usb ADSL PPP', under the security tab 'Advance (custom settings)' is ticked! Data Encryption is set to ; Require encryption(dissconnect if Server declines)! And under the 'Logon security' thats set to 'Allow these protocols', of which all are ticked but for the bottom one 'For MS Chap...etc' and the third from bottom 'Allow older MS Chap...etc'! Is this connection safe as i have been using credit cards etc on it? I also have 'Kerio free Firewall', Norton AV and about 6 of the most popular Spyware/Malaware Virus Progs which are regulary updated! I am thinking of getting a Hardware Firewall/Ethernet ADSL modem as iv'e been told its a lot safer! Can anyone recommend a good one thats compatible with AOL! Thanks in advance!
PS sorry if this thread is a bit arsed faced as i could not put any picture links in i've tried to explain it the best i can!