Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eng v Pol. RTSP via Proxy (Interesting IP problem)

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks

Eng v Pol. RTSP via Proxy (Interesting IP problem)

Hi all,

Please help me, i live in Scotland but i am English and i want to watch the England Poland game tonight. I have found a video source but the commentary language is Chinese. I would like to listen to the Five live commentary and watch the Chinese video.

Easy eh? Listen to the radio... No! I cannot just listen to the radio because it will be out of sync with the video and i cannot record the radio broadcast and delay and play through my sound card because Dundee (where i live) has extraordinary crap reception and my computer obliterates the remaining weak signal.

So, if you are still following, easy you may think, just stream it from the five live website and delay it using RealPlayer... NO! My ISP is Fast24 who use Telefonicas backbone network, therefore meaning my IP range is GERMAN (62.53.33.105). Therefore the BBC do not have the licence to broadcast to me (Sports events are only allowed to be broadcast to the UK over the net).

So, use a UK proxy... NO!.. Well actually yes, however i cannot find a public proxy that will let me use the RTSP protocol via it.

The Crux,

Does anyone know of a proxy server based in the UK that supports the RTSP protocol?

Do you have any other ideas to get it to work!!? Other websites that provide a free English commentary stream that has no IP range limitation?

Many thanks.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!
    Last edited by Purple; 12-10-2005 at 05:19 PM.

UKMuFFiN
    if you were a welshman, i would help you.....

nah, sorry, i cant help you mate, is ur TV signal really that bad up there?

kinda sucks bout not being able to stream from the BBC tho...

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    Well, actually some IP Locater thingers located me in Swansea!! So my IP is kinda Welsh!

Yes the TV signal is dire - the radio is worse. TV is watchable if you sit 10ft away and take your glasses off, although being in Scotland they are showing the Scotland game (i dont even think the Scots care!).

Sublime HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    • Stoo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Mac Pro
      • CPU:
      • 2*Xeon 5450 @ 2.8GHz, 12MB Cache
      • Memory:
      • 32GB 1600MHz FBDIMM
      • Storage:
      • ~ 2.5TB + 4TB external array
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon HD 4870
      • Case:
      • Mac Pro
      • Operating System:
      • OS X 10.7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Samsung 244T Black
      • Internet:
      • Zen Max Pro
    Hmm, I would have a look at some proxy stuff for you, but anything like that is blocked by our content filter, as is google's cache of the pages

One thing I can think of is if some kind sole with a large net connection installs a proxy server on their machine (there are a few proxy servers out there which claim to support RTSP), and you connect into it from there..

The trick is finding someone willing, and with enough network bandwidth to do it..

The only other thing is to email someone at the bbc and point out that their IP database they're using is wrong, in fact, it might be worth doing that anyway..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    Well, i just pulled my pocket radio apart to attempt to add a bigger aerial. Then i realised i dont have a scooby what i am doing so put it back together - oh the acts of a desperate man!

UKMuFFiN
    One thing I can think of is if some kind sole with a large net connection installs a proxy server on their machine (there are a few proxy servers out there which claim to support RTSP), and you connect into it from there..
    i thort that two, am very willing (wud b fun as well )but unfortunatley my bandwidth isnt sorry. would hav been a nice little project

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    indeed - check dis...

http://forms.real.com/rnforms/produc...producerbasic/

Have a look - you might get it to work, and it would allow low bandwidth upload...

UKMuFFiN
    this looks fun

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    You may also want to look at www.SOPCast.org - there is a server tab that looks quite easy to use. (point it at a file or stream and it broadcasts it).

UKMuFFiN
    hav u got the link you want to the real media broadcast?

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    Try this:

Code:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/support/staticram/fivelive/live/surestream_int.ram

UKMuFFiN
    yeh thas the 1 i was testing on.. having trouble, i click start, it starts but stops again straight away?

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    yeah - i tried that

I have found i can hear TalkSport fine - they are claiming to have Unofficial coverage - i dont know if this just means they will yak about the game or will actually commentate. I think we need to give up tbh as i have thought of a problem... I need to use my FULL bandwidth to get the chinese video and will not have any left over to get the sound via SOP. Cheers anyway my friend, i just hope that TalkSport have something useful.

UKMuFFiN
    k srry, mate,i will still perseveer however, i dont go down without a fight

IRN-BRU(tm)
    Thanks
    he he - i would be interested if you can get SOP to serve, might start me own radio station that doesnt play crud

UKMuFFiN
    i give up im srry, but i jus dont understand what they mean, in their manuals :S

lol that wud be good, cant find anythin good on the radio these days... i apologise again, ive failed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information