Hi guys
Think I've still got to vent about this>

One of my clients is running BT Business ADSL - and we've not had a significant or serious problem since about October, when we started having serious issues with the router.
Updated firmware, did factory reset - no problems.
About a week ago, we started having major traffic problems outbound, where it would take 5-6 minutes to completely load a website (most weren't timing out - just taking an age to load)
Only http traffic was having issues, and the issues still existed when users were allowed to bypass the internal proxy server.
BT Retail were insistent that it was an internal configuration error, or a problem with the BT network. BT Wholesale tech support were quite helpful, and agreed with us that it wasn't an internal config problem, and did tests to ensure it wasn't a problem with their network.

Didn't hear back from them for 24 hours, as we'd re-escalated to the networks team to send an engineer onsite, and he was going to bring a replacement router for test purposes.
Fine said we - we'll expect him on the 1st.
Nobody turned up.
Called the BT Helldesk, who said the call had been closed by them as it was a problem with our network!
My clients had at this point booked me to come in and assist.
After much shagging about - and 6 hours on the phone on my part - it transpires that contrary to our letter from BT, the router is now ours, it's not under any warranty - and until we replace it at our cost - they won't escalate any calls to networks.
Every call we've logged has been closed immediately without contact, and I was accused by a chap named "Robert" of being a liar when I told him:
a) the results of the network tests we'd carried out
b) that we were prevented from running any further bandwidth tests by BT's own speedtester (which we'd been asked to use!)
from that point on - no joy with communications at all.

the best part is - our SLA, which is supposed to guarentee an 8 hours fault resolution time, is no longer a proper SLA, but gives us £25 in call compensation if not closed in time!

I've never dealt with a more customer-unfriendly organisation, and I've certainly never been insulted like that before!

I'm so angry - I've had to take up smoking again!