Thread: anyone order max dsl on a long line......

Thanks

anyone order max dsl on a long line......

Im quiet away from the exchange and altho i cant member them off the top of my head the my line stats aint great either so i was just wondering if there is any worth in upgrading to max dsl will i see any performance in downloading??? On the order checkers i use it tells me i can expect 1.5mg but when i try the dslzone tester that estimates just over 3meg (which would be great). Im on 1mg pipex at the mo and using u torrent i can get good speed for instance last night just under 100k consisitantly so im torn between switching to another isp who can provide more speed, or sticking with pipex who are damm reliable. any suggestions/thoughts??? cheers

Mike Fishcake
    Quote Originally Posted by zulander
    Im quiet away from the exchange and altho i cant member them off the top of my head the my line stats aint great either so i was just wondering if there is any worth in upgrading to max dsl will i see any performance in downloading??? On the order checkers i use it tells me i can expect 1.5mg but when i try the dslzone tester that estimates just over 3meg (which would be great). Im on 1mg pipex at the mo and using u torrent i can get good speed for instance last night just under 100k consisitantly so im torn between switching to another isp who can provide more speed, or sticking with pipex who are damm reliable. any suggestions/thoughts??? cheers
    Hi,

I'm quite a way from my exchange - Before I upgraded to ADSL Max I was getting 1Mb on what was supposed to be a 2Mb line. Now I've got an "8Mb" connection but get anything between 2.4 and 3.0Mb.

Oh, and it's as unreliable as hell, even though it's been nearly a month since I upgraded. Dropped connections once every couple of hours. Yesterday it wouldn't even let me on at all for about 2 hours :-S

Old Fool!
    Thanks
    • EtheAv8r's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Gene
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K @ 4500 Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Samsung EVO 850 SSD; 1 x Samsung 2TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GeForce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S-12 650 Energy+
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2713H
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity II
    I too am in a rural location and am with F2S with a 2 Meg link. I requested a regrade to MAX last Friday - the estimate was that I would get 4Meg.... they enabled it today and it is currently at 5Meg (was 6 earlier), but I am now in the 10 day 'monitoring & adjustment for best stable & reliable connection' window, however it has been stable all evening and seems pretty fast.

In addition my monthly charge goes down £5!
    Try to make each and every day the best it can be.

Thanks
    • shamus21's system
      • Motherboard:
      • GigaByte GA-Z68AP-D3
      • CPU:
      • 2500k @ 4.8
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Timings 9-9-9-24
      • Storage:
      • 60GB Vertex 3 SSD Boot - Samsung 256GB 830 SSD GameFile & 1TB WD1002FAEX Caviar Black BackUp
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 580
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Infinity 720W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Armour Super Tower
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 64 bit Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407 wfp
      • Internet:
      • Crap
    Quote Originally Posted by zulander
    what are your line stats zulander and make of modem.

Thread Information