Thread: Wireless Network Card

Registered+
    Thanks

Wireless Network Card

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a wireless connection to a domain. The machine I am trying to connect is a Windows 98 machine. I have all the details such as the WEP Key and the SSID but I still cannot connect to the domain. The wireless network card is a LinkSys Wireless G PCI Adaptor. According to the box it’s compatible with windows 98 SE. I have taken a laptop that is connected to the domain to the Win 98 machine to check on the signal strength and its fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?

Splash
    Is the Client for Microsoft Networks installed on the machine?

Registered+
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Spud
    Hi all,

I am trying to set up a wireless connection to a domain. The machine I am trying to connect is a Windows 98 machine. I have all the details such as the WEP Key and the SSID but I still cannot connect to the domain. The wireless network card is a LinkSys Wireless G PCI Adaptor. According to the box it’s compatible with windows 98 SE. I have taken a laptop that is connected to the domain to the Win 98 machine to check on the signal strength and its fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem is?
    The fact that you are trying to connect to a domain is surely irrelevant to the fact that you cannot connect to your wireless network. Once you have connected to the wireless network you can go about setting your computer to connect to a domain. Regarding your question, does anyone know what is wrong; you haven't explained why you can't connect, what you have tried to do and what error messages, if any, you receive. I think you need to give some more information in order to receive any help.

Unless, of course, I'm completley missing the point in which case I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.

Mike

Thread Information