• Silverstone Fortress FT01
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • Zen FTC uber speedy

Milk

Wanna know what Angry is?

me......that's what

Zak Jr is 6 1/2 ,and slim as a slender thing. I have ALWAYS given him full fat milk. He likes it. And I happen to believe in full fat milk being ok.

3.9% vs 1.6% fat I think. for the amount he drinks, might as well be the 4star stuff

anyway... this term at school he's decided he'd like milk again. PArents have to pay at the moment so I registered with Coolmilk online who provision my lads school

And after having paid, knowing I had to wait a month for it to start.. I read this

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmilk FAQ
    Q Why do you supply semi-skimmed rather than whole milk?

A We provide semi-skimmed milk in line with guidance issued by the Food Standards Agency and the School Food Trust. You can request whole milk by emailing us at @@~~(removed@@~:. The FSA says that children should switch from whole to semi-skimmed milk at the age of two, and the School Food Trust also recommends that primary school children should receive semi-skimmed rather than whole milk.
    No good for me... I emailed.
    "Zak Jr milk starts 14th October. Please ensure that it’s FULL FAT milk, not Semi Skimmed"

"Good morning

Thank you for your email.

Please could you confirm that your child has dietary requirements that require them to have whole milk rather than the semi skimmed.
    As stated by the department of health whole milk is for children up to the age of 2 years and semi skimmed is for children over the age of 2years."

no.. I want full fat... email and ask again.. he is not over weight and I'm paying for this...

"Hello

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we only supply whole milk to under two's. This is in guidance issued by the Food Standards Agency and the School Food Trust.
    Should you wish for your child to have whole milk we will require a doctors letter."
    /COUGH...

A DOCTORS NOTE??? IT'S NOT A MEDICATION... OR ANYTHING DANGEROUS... IT'S COWS MILK!!

now, ignoring the fact that last term all the kids were inspected at school by a medical vistor and we got the letter stating my boy is at the lowest BMI score (I know.. he's skinny) .............and so I could in theory send that letter...

why should I have too.

It's cows milk.

How big is a kids milk ration that I pay for? 189gm

So.. I studieded their pages

Quote Originally Posted by Coolmilk
    1. Milk is high in fat and not good for children… MYTH
    Not all milk is high in fat a 189ml serving of whole milk contains 8g fat, whereas a 189ml serving of semi-skimmed milk contains 3.5g fat; that’s 55% less saturated fat than whole milk.

2. Whole milk is better for children than semi-skimmed… MYTH
    Many people believe whole milk is better for children because of its rich fat content and the belief that it is nutritionally more beneficial than semi-skimmed.

In fact semi-skimmed milk has more nutrients than whole milk and also has a reduced fat content; 55% less of the bad saturated fats that we are all advised to cut down on in our diets, even in children as young as 2 years of age.
    I know the calciium us in the watery bit of milk.. but I'm also aware that Vit A and D are in the fatty bit.

Either way.. it's my money..

if I choose to NOT pay he doesnt get any.... what good is that?

Mangry!

Quote Originally Posted by Advice Trinity by Knoxville
    "The second you aren't paying attention to the tool you're using, it will take your fingers from you. It does not know sympathy." |
    "If you don't gaffer it, it will gaffer you" | "Belt and braces"

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

Re: Milk

Full fat just tastes nicer too. It's your money they should provide what you ask really.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media

Re: Milk

Blame the healthy schools mafia. SWMBO is a teacher, if they catch a kid with any form of fizzy drink on campus (even if its diet) = automatic detention. 500ml of from concentrate apple juice from the machine in school? Fine.

Thread Information