Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Major Overkill?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts

    Major Overkill?

    I just ordered my first batch of computer parts to get my new system up and running nicely.... But I am sitting here thinking to myself, right I build it on thursday, but the big question is

    I went for an XP2500+ but I went overkill on the fan and got a Jet 7+ ... Most of the descriptions said XP3200+ and higher... does that mean i going to really screw things up using this fan on here? Seeing as it said Socket A I didnt think so, but seeing as the best source of knowledge is here, it felt like a good idea to check with you guys.

    -Rufus

  2. #2
    Oh no!I've re-dorkalated! Jiff Lemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Sunny MK
    Posts
    2,504
    Thanks
    80
    Thanked
    44 times in 41 posts
    If it will cool more, it'll happily cool less.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    So its all good?

    /me prepares for the paranoia to fade away again

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    766
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Ive got the earlier Aero 7 plus on my 2500 barton runnin at 3200 speeds, everything is sweet as a nut

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    181
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Cool, you've made a stressed guy slightly more relaxed

    ... I hate university deadlines

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    318
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RufusKing
    I just ordered my first batch of computer parts to get my new system up and running nicely.... But I am sitting here thinking to myself, right I build it on thursday, but the big question is

    I went for an XP2500+ but I went overkill on the fan and got a Jet 7+ ... Most of the descriptions said XP3200+ and higher... does that mean i going to really screw things up using this fan on here? Seeing as it said Socket A I didnt think so, but seeing as the best source of knowledge is here, it felt like a good idea to check with you guys.

    -Rufus
    There's no such thing as overkill on your cpu cooling - barring perhaps running Liquid Nitrogen full time

  7. #7
    iMc
    iMc is offline
    Senior Member iMc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    3,616
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RufusKing
    Cool, you've made a stressed guy slightly more relaxed

    ... I hate university deadlines
    yeh i hate them too. damn things....
    HEXUS|iMc

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Blackpool
    Posts
    274
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    I'm using an Aero 7+ on a 1700+... at 3200+ speeds...

  9. #9
    HEXUS.social member Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ::1
    Posts
    8,528
    Thanks
    363
    Thanked
    260 times in 166 posts
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i5-6600K @ 3.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 2x8GB
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 960 PRO + 512GB Samsung 960 Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer
    I'm using an Aero 7+ on a 1700+... at 3200+ speeds...
    How noisy is that setup? I'm looking at the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu at the moment. That's supposed to be nice and quiet.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    318
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Al
    How noisy is that setup? I'm looking at the Zalman CNPS7000-Cu at the moment. That's supposed to be nice and quiet.
    Aero 7+ ranges from nice and quiet to fairly loud (not as loud as the XDream however). Performance is superb at about the mid-way point, and to be honest , it's fairly quiet - not as quiet as a 7000-Cu though, but then that's twice the price.

  11. #11
    HEXUS.social member Allen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    ::1
    Posts
    8,528
    Thanks
    363
    Thanked
    260 times in 166 posts
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus MAXIMUS VIII GENE
      • CPU:
      • Intel® Core™ i5-6600K @ 3.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 2x8GB
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 960 PRO + 512GB Samsung 960 Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep
    Aero 7+ ranges from nice and quiet to fairly loud (not as loud as the XDream however). Performance is superb at about the mid-way point, and to be honest , it's fairly quiet - not as quiet as a 7000-Cu though, but then that's twice the price.
    I'd be prepared to pay a little extra to get some peace and quiet whilst the PC is on.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Ontario. Canada
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0 times in 0 posts
    If you want something quiet that cools amazing, have a look at the Thermaltake Silent Boost. I've built two computers using it now and it's absolutely silent. Plus it cools amazing. Nothing but good things to say about it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •