HI,

I was looking forward to buy this freeview reciever but can someone recommend me a high gain internal antenna.As i dont have a facility to connect this to the one outside an internal antenna is the only option.

Also wondering if this comes with a high gain antenna or should it be purchased them seperate..If i go for the intenal antenna how much will that effect the picture quality.

Hauppauge WinTV-Nova-t PCI Freeview Receiver for 38 Plus Channels in DVD Quality DVB Radio / Remote control / And Doubles as a PC Video Recorder - Ebuyer

Kind regards

Description

Watch free-to-air Digital terrestial TV on your PC...receive digital radio too!!
Receive free-to-air digital terrestrial TV (DVB-T) and DVB-T digital radio directly on your PC. WinTV-NOVA-T PCI is an internal PCI device which brings digital terrestrial broadcasts (TV and radio) to your PC. Digital reception provides incredibly sharp TV pictures and near CD quality audio and radio.
WinTV-NOVA-T PCI turns your PC monitor into a high quality digital TV receiver. With WinTV-NOVA-T PCI, you can watch digital TV broadcasts in a resizeable window or full screen. You can also receive digital radio channels and listen to digital radio in stereo.
WinTV-NOVA-T PCI lowers the cost of digital TV reception by using your PC's processor to decode the TV image. If you have a 733MHz Pentium III or faster, you can use WinTV-NOVA-T PCI to display TV while still running other PC applications. Surf the net while you watch high quality digital TV!
Your personal Digital VCR: With WinTV-NOVA-T PCI, you can record your digital TV programmes to your hard disk, and play them back to your PC screen. TV programmes are recorded using high quality MPEG-2, so videos look just as good played back on your PC screen as the originals!
Note: You need about 1 gigabyte of hard disk space per hour of recorded video.
System Requirements:
Pentium III 733MHz processor minimum recommended (or equivalent)
Microsoft® Windows XP
1 free PCI slot
Sound Card
CD-ROM Drive (for software installation)
For digital TV recording: approx. 1.2 gigabytes of hard disk space per hour of recorded TV
DirectDraw compatible PCI /AGP graphics card with hardware video overlay
Internet Explorer 6 or higher
Antenna capable of receiving Freeview
Included in this package:
WinTV-NOVA-T PCI board
Software on CD ROM (incl. Manual in PDF Format): WinTV2000 application for TV watching, pause and record, WinTV Scheduler, to schedule the recording of your TV programmes
Hauppauge Infared Remote Control and IR receiver cable
Quick Installation Guide
* The WinTV-NOVA-T does not support DAB radio.
* For Digital Terrestrial reception, a high gain aerial is recommended.

The WinTV-NOVA uses a rooftop aerial in the same way that most people currently receive their analogue television programmes. Some viewers will need to replace their aerials to receive digital transmissions if the installation is old or in poor condition. Digital Terrestrial coverage is improving all the time as digital terrestrial television transmitters are continuously being brought on line. However it may take some time for coverage to reach particular areas of the country.