Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which Pentium?

Thanks
    Good call mate. Cheers for all your help, it is appreciated. Now I need to decide whether to keep it in my Chieftec Dragon case, or another case I have lying around. The Chieftec is a bit large for my liking I have to say.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shredisn@tdead
    Damn you're too quick!

extremecooling.co.uk have the AlCu for only £22.32 + FREE P&P! Says OEM version which I guess means it just doesn't come in the pretty packaging but s'pose you'd still get all the parts:
    http://www.planetprices.co.uk/hardwa...tra-Quiet.html

Cheapest all copper is £2.50 less at easyetrader so would probably come down to P&P charges...
    http://www.planetprices.co.uk/hardwa...tra-Quiet.html
    Hmmm not sure which to order. Do you reckon the all copper one is worth paying the extra for?

Thanks
    From the reviews I've read I reckon its worth saving a few quid and getting the AlCu.

For example SilentPCReview had this to say when they tested both together:

It may not be a silent champ, but it is probably about as quiet as you can get while effectively cooling the hottest CPUs Intel is churning out these days. Given that it is as effective as the more expensive Cu version, and less stressful for the motherboard with its lower mass, the 7000-AlCu model is a bargain. Strongly recommended for power lovers who still want quiet.

Thanks
    And also, do you reckon it is worth getting a new case? Don't really like my Cheiftec Dragon - thinking of going for a shuttle.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by planetgong
    And also, do you reckon it is worth getting a new case? Don't really like my Cheiftec Dragon - thinking of going for a shuttle.
    Huh? Didn't you just buy an IC7 Max3?

You're not going to squeeze that into a Shuttle

Why not get it all up and running in the Chieftec (never played with one of these but thought they're supposed to be decent cases)? If you decide you want a new toy you can move the CPU/HDD etc into an SFF.

Remember there's not many SFFs that will let you put in a regular HSF so if you've ordered that Zalman already then it'll just be sitting around.

Best do some SFF research first, I'd suggest. The Shuttles can tend to be noisy, I believe, esp if you're going to overclock and chuck out even more heat from the CPU in a confined space. I've read good things about the Soltek Qbic (EQ3701 I think) and the Aopen XC Cube - you can find more info at silentpcreview.com and Google will tell you about a whole bunch of other places too I'm sure

Thanks
    It's lucky you're on here mate! Obviously won't fit it in a shuttle, I think I might be losing my mind! The Chieftecs are nice cases, but are rather large!

Thread Information