Thread: cdr + cd drives and hdds detected in bios but not i 98se???

Thanks

Question cdr + cd drives and hdds detected in bios but not i 98se???

i have just setup 98se on my older 233mhz p1. prob is boot discs were being crap as floppys r so... i had to install 98 usin my other pc then put hdd back in other pc.cause it keep crashing when bootin floppy for sum reason lol anyhow it now wont pick up my cdr and my cd rom drives maybe it could be cause it didnt pick em up which it would have done when installing from em...i dont know.but surely it still should...i have made sure they r setup right. like its previous installation on another smaller hdd. there is a 8gb not sure of make lol that is the primary master, and then the lg 8x4x24 cdr is its slave...then the fujistsu (i think) 6gb is the secondary master, then the 36x lg cd rom dirve is the secondary slave... this has worked fine in all previous installations.... so whats the prob? is it cause of the way that 98se was put on or what?
    cheers

Thanks
    Probably using the wrong IDE driver - see if you can update the motherboard drivers on it, also go into safe mode and see if there are any duplicate IDE devices in there that may be causing trouble.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thread Information