Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which mobo?

Thanks
    Ok, but my only worry is that the board i'm interested in won't come with instructions.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=43223

(1 in stock)

or

http://www.komplett.co.uk/k/k.asp?ck...tID=10&GrpID=9

(over 100+ in stock)

Shall i email them and ask if they come with a manual?

dpm
    Thanks
    I'd be shocked if a modern MB didn't come with a manual at all... but some are more useful than others.

I had an old ECS board who's manual was obviously (and badly) translated from chinese, but, with the pictures, was still good enough to guide me through my first full build.

My current NF7-S came with an excellent manual, with tons of usefull pictures and guides.

Swapping a MB *is* a big job, but its not *that* hard. Most things are obvious (except for the headers for power switches/front USB/audio) but the only sweaty hands part is installing the cpu and heatsink.

one tip - its very useful to have another pc around with a net connection in case you have any problems with your build.

Banned
    Thanks
    Originally posted by dpm
    one tip - its very useful to have another pc around with a net connection in case you have any problems with your build.
    Kind of reminds me of all those ISPs you find who state, "If you are experiencing any technical difficulties then please try www.dumba$$-isp.net or email us at techhead@dumba$$.net ."

WoLFe I would seriously take Komplett over Ebuyer ... heck I'd take a monkey's word at a Computer Fair way before I'd shop with Ebuyer. Sorry guys, I know I sound like a broken record on this ... but it isn't only from one experience and certainly not from only one person either. I would suggest anyone thinking of ordering from them call their 'Support' (ie Pay Me) line ...

0870 467 0753 (Customer Support)
    Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm

If you can even get through to them. I along with many others found it impossible, always being disconnected etc. For maximum 'fun' try calling up 15-20 mins before they are supposed to close ... and watch as it rings out, dis-connects you and then has an automated 'out of hours' message a good 10mins+ before 5:30pm! Anyway seriously do try this before you order ... if this has improved then I guess the whole #@# site may have too. Just don't go asking about returns ... instead look at it either as gambling or as disposable components. Once again ... sorry.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Austin
    Kind of reminds me of all those ISPs you find who state, "If you are experiencing any technical difficulties then please try www.dumba$$-isp.net or email us at techhead@dumba$$.net ."

WoLFe I would seriously take Komplett over Ebuyer ... heck I'd take a monkey's word at a Computer Fair way before I'd shop with Ebuyer. Sorry guys, I know I sound like a broken record on this ... but it isn't only from one experience and certainly not from only one person either. I would suggest anyone thinking of ordering from them call their 'Support' (ie Pay Me) line ...

0870 467 0753 (Customer Support)
    Monday - Friday 9am - 5.30pm

If you can even get through to them. I along with many others found it impossible, always being disconnected etc. For maximum 'fun' try calling up 15-20 mins before they are supposed to close ... and watch as it rings out, dis-connects you and then has an automated 'out of hours' message a good 10mins+ before 5:30pm! Anyway seriously do try this before you order ... if this has improved then I guess the whole #@# site may have too. Just don't go asking about returns ... instead look at it either as gambling or as disposable components. Once again ... sorry.
    Ok, i'll be going with komplett then. is ebuyer dodgy for anything? even internal fans?

Its just i know someone who got his whole kit from there, and it arrived quickly and worked perfectly.

Banned
    Thanks
    I've simply heard of and had far too many disgusting complaints and inefficiences with Ebuyer to ever consider using them, even if they have now improved.

Every shop whether online or not is always going to mess up or pee someone off from time to time ... but Ebuyer are THE only site I have witnessed to consistently do it. I am seriously and genuinely amazed they are still in business despite their rock bottom prices ... so I guess they must have improved? Did you try getting through to their customer support number? Either way I'd definitely choose Komplett.

Thread Information