Thread: which is the right bios for the sn41g2?

w33d smoka
    Thanks

which is the right bios for the sn41g2?

hi there

i went to shuttles site lastnite to download the newest bios but i was faced with about 10 different files under the sn41g2 bios downloads section,,does any1 know what i should be looking for,,and could any1 let me know how easy it is to update bios an tell me what i should be doing?

thnx

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    c,mon people i thought these forums were for those looking for guidance help?

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Micovwar,

It is a place for guidance, but you've missed something that would have easily helped you on the shuttle web site. Its not hidden away and is available on the same download directory with all the bios's in html format.

Its like the read me file for the directory. Its here as follow for reference.

BIOS UPDATE INFO

As you can see it shows changes and the current latest version is
    FN41S019

The way to update bios on shuttle involved putting the zipped contents of this bios onto a system disk and booting to dos prompt, I'm not aware of any way of updating shuttle bios's in windows yet.

When you unzip the contents to disk you should just have to run 1 batch file that will do the auto update for you, it will tell you when its finished and you can then restart your computer.

And next time try to not be so impatient. Only a SN41g2 or other shuttle owner is going to be able to offer you this level of detail and you may have well been better placed asking in the SFF forums.

PLus i've been damn busy today so have only had time now to properly browse the forums.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

w33d smoka
    Thanks
    i appologise if u thought i was impatient tig but i actually asked this same question (or very similar) over a week ago in the sff forums and didnt get the reply i was looking for there either litterally loads read my post but no 1 had the few mins it took to type out a similar reply to ures so i thank u for taking the time to explain the process to me

once again thnx

Thread Information