• Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

Re: Intel Atom System as HTPC

Quote Originally Posted by Larkspeed View Post
    30 quid may be neither here nor there to you but it's a hell of a lot of money to me.

Sorry if that sounds short, I always find that people seem to neglect to realize that not everyone actually has money.

And you forgot option 3 which I said I was taking 3 posts back and that was to just leave it as it is since I can't do it within by budget.

Thanks to everyone for their ideas but I can't do it in my budget so it stays as is.
    So?? £30 is a lot of money for me too,but for what you want to do it is neither here nor there and if anyone has followed my builds here on Hexus,you would have seen the lengths I have gone to save a few quid. I even have a rummage around to see what I can ditch to pay for parts of the build. I don't have much of a budget either.

Even I have realised at times,you might as well save up for a while to get something better which is a better use of your money. Stop-gap solutions might be nominally cheaper initially but in the longterm you just waste more money IMHO. Even my current PC was built over six months and I needed a new one,ie,the old one was starting to have problems and it was nearly 5 years old. I could have spent less on repairing it but in the end it was just throwing away money in the longterm and this is considering I keep my hardware for years and always try to re-use it.

I just gritted my teeth and put up with having a semi-built PC,and even now I would love a new case and a cooler but I have no budget for that. I will save up for that.

However,in the end if you cannot budge even £5 to £10 over £30,then it is better to either wait a few months and save some money and failing that look on Ebay. If you have a limited budget,patience is needed.
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 08-01-2013 at 05:08 PM.

Larkspeed

Well as I have already said twice I set a budget based on what I could afford and that was the budget. I can't do it within the budget so I'm not doing it.

I'm not going to sit here and get into a pissing match over that fact I'm not going to increase the budget.

I asked for advice and advice was given.

I have given thanks for that advice so as far as I am concerned that's the end of it.

Thanks
    • CAT-THE-FIFTH's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Less E-PEEN
      • CPU:
      • Massive E-PEEN
      • Memory:
      • RGB E-PEEN
      • Storage:
      • Not in any order
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVEN BIGGER E-PEEN
      • PSU:
      • OVERSIZED
      • Case:
      • UNDERSIZED
      • Operating System:
      • DOS 6.22
      • Monitor(s):
      • NOT USUALLY ON....WHEN I POST
      • Internet:
      • FUNCTIONAL

So you won't even to look on Ebay to see what is on offer?? Classifieds even?? I do that,because of my lack of budget and perhaps I am just patient then. When you have big aspirations and no budget that is needed. If not good luck then.

No,just get annoyed when that is suggested.

All,I can see is you getting annoyed repeatedly because of a lack of an instant fix.

You are not the only one who has a tight budget for non-essentials!

People have suggested I spend more on parts when I was doing my build,and yet I have not been annoyed at them,because they were right and I took it on board. It took me ages to save up though because I was honest with myself that my allocated budget is/was low anyway. The other alternative is to wait for a deal within your budget as I mentioned before.

OTH,if it frivolous then don't waste the little budget you have,since you might have another £30 to £50 in six months time meaning you can spend it something more useful. That is what I do. Even my mates do that. Not everyone is living life in the uber hardware fast lane!!
    Last edited by CAT-THE-FIFTH; 08-01-2013 at 07:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information