Thread: Cheapest laser printer for quality

Thanks

Cheapest laser printer for quality

Hope this is the right place; most printer threads seem to be spread about various subfora.

I need to get a colour laser printer. 80% of my printing is B&W text but I also need to do A4 photos that look not-completely-rubbish. Have a budget of £50-£80 for a user colour laser printer (including enough toner for a few hundred pages). My current printer is fine for B&W text but an utter disgrace and completely unusable for colour. Print speed and basically anything other than B&W and colour print quality for a cheap used price is not an issue.

What search terms should I be using on ebay for something that is decent for A4 colour prints with nothing else a priority?
    Last edited by peterb; 26-03-2015 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Language/swear filter

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Cheapest laser printer for quality

I personally wouldn't buy a second hand printer. They are fragile things at best.

Currently we use a OKI 301dn, bought on offer for £49.99 but I think they are about the 120 quid mark now. Compatible toners are available quite cheaply but more importantly it prints quickly AND on both sides. Job done.

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

I recently bought a Lexmark double sided colour printer for under £100. Not tried it with photos, but photos rarely look good on a laser printer. Running costs are a bit high, but still less than an inkjet. But for best quality, use an external printers, or an inkjet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Spreadie

Quote Originally Posted by abaxas View Post
    I personally wouldn't buy a second hand printer. They are fragile things at best.

Currently we use a OKI 301dn, bought on offer for £49.99 but I think they are about the 120 quid mark now. Compatible toners are available quite cheaply but more importantly it prints quickly AND on both sides. Job done.
    Last year, I picked up a second hand Samsung CLP315 colour laser for £30 with a full set of genuine replacement cartidges. The fuser drum had only seen 4,000 pages and is good for 24,000. It has been fantastic so far.

Last week, my mate picked up the CLP415n for £50 in the local ads, and is thrilled with it.

In contrast, in my experience, inkjets tend to dry out and the heads clog up if you leave them for more than a couple of weeks, and you waste half your ink on cleaning cycles.

Cheap lasers are awesome

Thread Information