Thread: best process to burn imported movie from digital camcorder and then to dvd?

Thanks

Exclamation best process to burn imported movie from digital camcorder and then to dvd?

HI, I'm just getting to grips with burning. I have a song digital camcorder which has footage from my sisters A-level presentation evening. I have it connected via firewire to the computer . Do i just capture it in movie maker, edit it how i like, then select the final saved movie in nero and burn it to a dvd. Will it be good quality? what i don't understand is why movie maker stores it and plays it in a 3x4 cm viewing box and you can see it fullcreen? If i burn it to dvd will it be good quality full size on a standard dvd player connected to the tv.Are there better softwares that are free than movie maker to use? Thanks, for any help asap becasue my sister is going on holiday soon and wants the dvd for uni. Thanks,John. SOrry if my question is complicated, i just need educating

editk i now need a free dvd burning software because nero express cannot burn dvds
    Last edited by johnnr892; 21-12-2004 at 07:45 PM.
    Cheiftech Matrix/xp 2600@ 2.3ghz/ Abit NF7 v2/1gb GEIL value dual channel pc3200@ 2.5-3-3-6/XFX 6600gt/80gb Western Digital boot disk/80gb maxtor for storage and games/LG cdrw/Nec 3500A

Thanks
    If you have the video as a .avi/mpeg file, you will need to convert it to DVD if you want to watch it on a stand alone DVD player. Try DVDsanta

Thanks
    thanks, can somebody just explain the process for me because i'm quite confused?! I have dvd+r to burn to by the way. thanks
    Last edited by johnnr892; 21-12-2004 at 08:05 PM.
    Cheiftech Matrix/xp 2600@ 2.3ghz/ Abit NF7 v2/1gb GEIL value dual channel pc3200@ 2.5-3-3-6/XFX 6600gt/80gb Western Digital boot disk/80gb maxtor for storage and games/LG cdrw/Nec 3500A

Thanks
    http://www.videohelp.com/convert

There are loads of guides and stuff there.

Thread Information