• Corsiar 750D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2408WFP
      • Internet:
      • 18Mb

Astek waterchill

Anyone got one? I want to watercool my PIV but cant be bothered with the hassle of a Custom Dangerden kit, the waterchill looks very easy to fit together and from reviews ive read offers performance comparable to a Dangerden setup?
    Salazaar : <Touching wood as I write this...>

Thanks
    bah, ya lesbo

IMHO there is no difference between a custom set up and a pre build.

Steps needed once you have all the parts:-

Work out tubing lengths and cut them,
    attach to blocks

hook up system either in case while empty, or outside case

test for leaks

install in system

done.

With either set up those steps need to be followed. Yes you don't need to work out what to buy cos it all comes in kit, but here it is plain and simple.

1/2 ID tubing, 1/2 barbed block, whatever you get will more than manage and no more than 5C diff AFAIK between the LRWW and teh maze 3, 1/2 barbed rad, thermochill oor BIX. ehiem/swiffy pump, thats it, simple as that. Don't bother with other choices, who cares. If its a system to go internal its alittle more difficult as you have to decide where to mount rad and res(if you go for one). But you'd have to do that with custom kit too.

External, jsut cut holes for tubing and whack res, pump and rad outta the way and futher away for killing noise.

Do what ever fits your budget, same amount of work whichever way you build a water cooling kit . I jsut installed a swiffy kti tonight, i brought a swiffy gfx block as at teh time they had the only pre made 9700 pro shim compatible block. i loved how it arrived, with instructions very neat mounting kit and it looked smart. Got the 5000 block to go on p4, and its sorted. Took me about 5 mins to cut up tubing(rough for mo, going a bit more sorted later on) tested for an hour, stuck in case, installing windows now

Very simple, rad+res external, so i can vent most hot air outta room to keep it cool in there.

PS swiffy and dangerden blocks will fit the ic7 max 3 the swiffy mc50 gfx block fits a 9800 pro no probs either.

Thanks
    • BornEvil's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q-E
      • CPU:
      • Intel Q6600 @ 4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 4Gb PC2-8500
      • Storage:
      • 2x Samsung F1 640Gb RAID0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Ati Radeon 4850
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX 650
      • Case:
      • Antec P182 Watercooled
      • Operating System:
      • Vista x64
    there is a big advantage for getting kits such as the waterchill is a combined manual.

when buying seperate bits it may come with loads of manuals and can be complicated. eheim (and most brands of) pumps are originally for fish tanks (correct me if i am wrong, as i only turned water 2 months ago) so the manual may be unapproriate

also u will not have to worry about hose sizes and compatibilty with kets

btw i have the waterchill complete kit

Thanks
    if u get a kit itll most likely be 3/8 size instead of 1/2 which makes it crap. yes ehiem are for aquarium/fish tank stuff but how hard can it be ... they r used in the same way. if u cant work out how to use an eheim pump then maybe u shouldnt be putting water anywhere near ur cpu. also ppl with fish tanks generally dont want their fish to die, and fish can be worth a LOT of money, so u can expect ehiem to make reliable pumps.

kits perform crap compared to ones u could build urself, so ul have problems with stuff like hose size if u want to add a water block for ur gfx card for example with some of them (unless u buy the wb to go with the kit - if they have one).

when getting w/c stuff, generally the more money u spend the better it will be (unless u can be arsed enuf to make ur own stuff, or get heatercores instead of a commercal rad)

Thanks
    i have a waterchill and am very happy with it, one minor pain in the ass about the kittho, the pump, it hums, so i replaced it with the ehiem, nice and quiet now
    Who's your daddy?

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I have a waterchill cpu kit. Not really pleased so much with it, to be honest. It's all setup fine, but it's not really the most capable in terms of cooling an overclocked cpu.

Being put into a webserver and replaced with:

Eheim 1250
    Thermochill 120.2
    DD Maze 4 copper top
    DD Z-Chipset block (when I can get hold of one )

Thanks
    try www.pclincs.co.uk and www.over-clock.co.uk and theres a list on pclincs forums of more wc shops

Thread Information