Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Setting the correct FSB X Multiplier

Thanks
    your gonna have to explain alittle better... what exactly is happening whats your temps?

Thanks
    Austin,Evildoc

Please see my post "MotherBoard Sensor and reboots"

The thing is that the temps vary considerably from the Bios and those shown by the probeand AIDA.

I wrote to ASUS and their rep asked me to update the bios and the probe to the latest versions which I did.

Now the probe and the bios are showing temps within a few degrees of each other whilst Aida is lower by 10+degreesC.

I wouldn't have worried except the comp rebooted twice at little or no load while Iwas downloading mail;and started hanging when my son played games like James Bond,Deus Ex,Spiderman and so on.

I have all the neccary patches,my antivirus (AVG) is up to date and with the fire wall I am certain I do not have a bug. For the life of me I can't think of anything other than the sensor misbehaving.

Vijay

Banned
    Thanks
    Whether or not your temps are being reported/monitored correctly isn't really a big deal ... lack of stability is and IMHO you should address this first. Have you set any o/c's back to default and ensured RAM, HSF (and PCI depending upon mobo) are all running within specs? You could even try underclocking and/or undervolting which should eliminate any instability caused by overheating. Other possibilities are too much/little compound or the PSU being too puny )or simply poor quality). Check them out.

Thanks
    Thanks Austin,

All set to MB defaults. Will check outthe psu(power supply unit),the too much/little compound will require the services of an engineer so that will be done later today and will post again.

The reason I harp on about the sensors is that a faulty sensor may have tripped the auto shut down function and when the chip cooled it came back on....

Will take your advice and try later

Thanks for the help,

Vijay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information