Quote Originally Posted by emilsobo View Post
Currently i have don't have high hopes of amd making a comeback since their vega series was kind of lacking and pricy I really want them to make better gpus since nvidia has a market monopoly since they have no competion and they can realease what ever they want eg the 1080ti is bacically the 2080 but cheaper im fairly sure if amd had some better gpus the 2070 would outpreform the 1080ti
I see this a lot so this isn't direct at you specifically, having said that AMD's offering in the GPU space really isn't lacking and pricey, at least not in the market they're targeting.

Yes, in the consumer (gaming) space that's defiantly the case but that market makes up probably the smallest segment of the TAM for GPUs, when it comes to GPGPU (data centers) AMD's offering is quiet attractive and that's where the real money is, if you've got limited resources it's sensible to prioritize your most profitable market and for AMD that's professionals who're willing to pay $10k for a single card.

It's why their first 7nm offering is probably going to target those professionals first in the form of new Radeon Instinct cards.