Thread: Wrongly reported RAM speed in KD7-S

Thanks

Wrongly reported RAM speed in KD7-S

Hi! Can someone out there help me, please? I've an ABit KD7S, running two Maxtor Diamond 9 SATAs in RAID 0. I was using an Athlon XP 2200 with this configuration, and my RAM clock speed was correctly reported in POST as 400 MHz; I've just moved up to a Barton XP2800, and now my RAM is reported as being 333 MHz! Help, please!!!

Thanks
    erm i think that because of the 166 fsb on the barton it makes the ram run in sync with it @ 333 this is the case for my 2700+ my ram is 400 but will only run at 333 unless i got some certain type of ram or knoked my fsb down to 133

Thanks
    Thanks, Friend! I'll give the FSB wrinkle a try, and report back with the result - cheers!

Thanks
    the kt333,kt400,kt400a can only run async mem from 133-165Mhz, with the barton running at 166Mhz, you will be running sync only. But you will see MUCH better performance at 166/166 than 133/200. try it and see, everything will run faster. Remember to change multi to make tests fair, so you run same overall clock speed at the different fsb's.

Also, as its running slower than rated, you can try to overclock fsb a little, though i found overclocking on the kt400 chipset a little limited to say the least, when using a agp 8x card.

If you can't really raise fsb stably(i could hit 215Mhz which is a big overclock, for any windows based programs and maintain full stability, but in games, anything using gfx properly, anything about 170Mhz, with 166 being stock, and it would crash instantly , so remember to check games when finding stability). Anyway, if you can't raise fsb, try to run as tight timings as possible, as with it running under spec, cas 2 and general lower timings should be easier to achieve.

Thread Information