Thread: 630 or 3200 venice for video editing?

Mike Fishcake

630 or 3200 venice for video editing?

Considering upgrading my PC.

I don't have a massive budget, so I was considering either the Athlon 3200 Venice or the Pentium 4 630J.

I know most people on here would recommend AMD over Intel, but here's the crunch: I'm only using it for video editing and general internet / word processing use. No gaming or anything like that.

I know that the with the CPUs from about 6 months ago, the intel ones were better than their AMD equivalents at video encoding. I was just wondering if this was still the case for the single core 64bit CPUs (as i know that the dual core AMDs are better at video encoding than the dual core intels)

Honest opinions, and benchmarks anyone?

Thanks
    Hello there.

If you're using it for just video editing and browsing then I would get the 630J. Intel come ahead of AMD in these kind of benchmarks
    Check my project <<| Black3D |>>
    Quote Originally Posted by hexah
    Games are developed by teams of talented people and sometimes electronic arts

Thanks
    I'd agree, the Intel processors are better for video editing, but you need to be aware that they run very hot compared to the AMD. Have you considered the AMD X2 3800 Dual core. This will be faster than the intel or venice for video editing and is only £236. Could be worth the extra investment.

Thread Information