Thread: a change of form...

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks

a change of form...

I'v been having considerable difficulties in the past with my computers I'v bought, constructed, deconstructed and become frustrated over...and it was only recently that I've been interested in these smaller units which - to me - seem a brilliant idea, there's just a few things that I'm not so sure on;
    am I right in thinking that the units are sold as the case+mobo+psu from which I have to plug everything else in (dvd/cd rw, a drive, hard drive)?
    because I have an nforce2 board (Asus A7N8X dlx), an athlon 2100+ and 512mb ram, plus the usual things...what is there in small form that is equivelent to that?
    are there some models better than others/more reliable etc? I know very little about the small form factors but I'd like to know more
    any help gratefully recieved
    Powered by Marmite and Wet Dog
    Light Over Water Photography

www.5lab.co.uk
    Thanks
    theres a couple of nforce2 shuttles that'd suit you fine - im not too hot on the model designation but perhaps the SN45** shuttles. they just hold mobo/case/psu, and the mobo has everything on.
    hughlunnon@yahoo.com | I have sigs turned off..

Thanks
    • Bunjiweb's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte UD
      • CPU:
      • AMD Phenom X4 955 @ 3.6GHZ
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • 2950GB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GTX 550 Ti OC
      • Case:
      • Alienware 7500
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 28" HannsG HG281D
      • Internet:
      • Virgin V.I.P. 60mb
    Howdy.

The Shuttles come with the case, and the motherboards, which include different levels of features depending on how much you pay.

If you are interested in overclocking, or you have a nice AGP Graphics card, i'd suggest buying the Shuttle SN45G.

If you use the onboard Nforce 2 video, then go for the SN41G2, as this has GeForce 4 MX onboard.

They all have the 6 chan surround, LAN and all sorts of other features on board.

You just have to add the following:

CPU,
    Ram,
    HDD,
    CD/DVD drive.

Ben
    =========
    NOTHING TO BE SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG PLEASE....

:: of all the things i've lost i miss my mind the most ::

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    ah, had a look at some on the web and those two were the ones that stuck out ...though no prices were displayed any ideas how much these things are? they seem pretty good in terms of space saving etc.
    are they quiet or is it the same as normal pc's where it depends on the fan you get? - thinking it gets reasonaly warm in the case...