Thread: Printer and scanner <£100

Thanks

Question Printer and scanner <£100

My friend wants a printer and scanner which together will be less than £100. Coulf you please recommend the best on the market and if possible, make a pair yourself and post it.

Cheers

Ben

Thanks
    HP 1205 is pretty good for what it is, doesn't take up much room & should cost around £90.

Thanks
    I am using a Epson CX5200 I got for £70..
    But it was from an auction (normally sells for £130-140 approx).
    Works brilliantly though..

I think its younger sibbling (CX3200) can be had for under £100.

Banned
    Thanks
    Are you looking for a printer and scanner all-in-one or the more versatile (IMHO superior) seperates? I have a slimline USB flat bed scanner so can scan bulky items such as books and can discretely tuck it away when not in use (as is often the case). If my printer breaks down or I choose to upgrade it I still have my scanner and it simply opens up a lot more options for you to choose from. IMHO seperates are a much better idea.

If you do want a seperate printer I can't rec the Canon i550 strongly enough, it is absolutely marvelous. It's incredibly fast, very quiet, incredibly cheap to run and has great quality in all areas (B&W, colour, photo on plain and photo on photo). Only downside is 5pl droplet size but the quality of printouts is still amazing. Only way to get better is to spend a lot more on the likes of the i750+ which are basically the i550 combined with 2pl droplets. Obviously Lexmark are crap while Epson and HP have many issues especially running costs. There are other Canons curently out but i550 is easily the champ, probably why Canon are superceeding it with the inferior i560 much like ATI replaced the 9500PRO with 9600PRO.

Thanks
    Yea, true that the cartridge of Epson printers are expensive..
    I just checked yesterday, and for Epson made ink, you are looking at £25 for black cartridge and £12-13 for each of the 3 colors. Not sure how long they last though.

Still, I have a pretty limited space so multifuction does come in handy.. I have some very minor use for a scanner, and wasn't going to get one. But I don't regret it now, I've yet to print in colour, but I can say that the scanner does its job very well (although it isn't very fast).

If money and space is no concern, then going printer and scanner separately would probably be a superior solution... But in the sub £100 price range. I am not sure.

Thanks
    • Areku's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5Q Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 3.00Hz + Xigmatek HDT-S1283
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 2GB Corsair TwinX DDR2 6400 5-5-5-15
      • Storage:
      • Seagates -160GB IDE, 500GB SATA, 750GB SATA / Maxtor 250GB SATA
      • Graphics card(s):
      • BFG 8800GTS OC 320MB
      • PSU:
      • HX520W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Akasa Eclipse
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama ProLite E435s & LG 22" TFT
      • Internet:
      • 10Mbit Virgin Media
    http://tinyurl.com/sqcd

Click that, its a pretty good little printer/scanner/copier. If you look hard enough you can find one for under £100 and the cartridges are cheap, and i mean real cheap.

Thread Information