Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to crush a core?

Thanks
    Ohhh not just crushing, my vapo killed 4 amd's, I am with Intel after now, and will be.

Registered+
    Thanks
    I agree with people about AMDs and dodgy cooler connections. Burnt 2 CPUs this wek because of this.
    Would have been cheaper to buy an expensive HSF or go to Intel.

Banned
    Thanks
    Well SktA simply followed the implimentation laid down by the previous Sockets, the biggest problem is that modern chips give off a LOT more heat and much more is now required from the cooler. Most coolers should now use all 6 lugs which makes it MUCH better but it is clear the design should be modified. Plenty of people still get problems with Intel's implimentation but there's little doubt it is still superior. On the other hand if you are clumsy enough to cause damage to a SktA CPU then you really should hold yourself or the crappy choice of cooler responsible. Just MHO.

Thanks
    Originally posted by KeZZeR
    This is why they invented shims

but the shim on the gfx card was slightly to high so the water block sat on the shim rather on the core so thats how i removed it (worked fine until i fitted a new motherboard but some how put to much strain on the core of the gfx card)

Thanks
    I think I crushed my XP 2200+ Chip for the comp I was building for my mom... I'm not sure, because its been a year and it hasnt been built yet! Ha... Sad part is, i've been through like 3 shuttles, and 4 other mainsystems in the past year while she sits on a Compaq Athlon 600mhz.... EEEKKKK!
    Shuttle SB61G2 - P4 3.2ghz - GeForce FX 5950 - 512mb Corsair XMS Pc3700 - WD Raptor 36.7GB 10KRPM SATA - WD Raptor 74GB 10KRPM SATA - DVD/CDRW Combo Drive - External DVD-RW Drive - Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 GMX - Stealthed DVD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information