• Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    we onlty use dell desktops at my work, well last week we had 3 PC`s of identical age (same models too) all blow PSU`s. credit to dell tho we had replacements next day. although I doubt home users get that kind of service.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    but like I said... its not building your own... in his case... it was build one for some chick or let her buy a Dell. Tech support can be a pain in the ass for computer noobs who call every time they cant open a document. Or some crap like that!! Like its your fault they dont know what a .pdf or .pub file is!!

Anyway, Dell is the only prebuilt PC I would buy and they have great tech support in general. (keeps people from calling you 24/7 with dumb questions!!)

Thanks
    Originally posted by chrisf6969
    but like I said... its not building your own... in his case... it was build one for some chick or let her buy a Dell. Tech support can be a pain in the ass for computer noobs who call every time they cant open a document. Or some crap like that!! Like its your fault they dont know what a .pdf or .pub file is!!
    Exactly. If I custom built pcs I'd want people to take an exam first, to make sure I wouldn't have to come round and format it every other month to remove all the ****ed driver installs they've done.

Problem being that most of the people who'd pass would be on the verge of building their own anyway...

Thanks
    Have to agree, don't have any complaints with DELL through all the pre built systems of theirs I've used. Thei technical support is excellent and if a fault is found the part is almost certainly with you next day in my experience as a home and business user.

Thanks
    Dell do go machines, and for the majority of users of them they are good, because htey dont have the expertise to built their own, and im sure im most cases they are willing to pay a small premium to save them time ,and so they have the support warrenty etc.

This cahnges for the world of servers, where almost everyone including experts pay for prebuilt machines, because warrenty and realiablilty and everything are so much more important for them.

Overall I think dell do a very good job for the market they are trying to cater for.
    Twigman

Thanks
    The difference between ebuyer and DELL doesn't seem like anything at all esp when you have to factor in time/effort for the build and decent support too.

Just bought myself a dell for the office although I have always built my own pooters - done 40 odd now and have three at home" But I couldn't get near the price Dell were doing for my office rig (incl softwere and OS) and the half day building and installing software was time well saved.

Thanks
    yep, I build my own computers for home or a few close friends who arent complete dopes, but for my office (which Im in charge of IT, computers, etc.) or dopes I get Dell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information