Thread: Oh dear oh dear... Nf7-S problem..

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value

Oh dear oh dear... Nf7-S problem..

Finally got around to installing my DD Maze 4 and Z-chipset blocks yesterday. Out with the fans and all that. Anyway, spent all day from 11am to 8pm setting it up in the case after a few weeks leak testing (yeah... quite a while, eh?).

After installing it all, putting the psu back in, connecting it all up, I turn it on.

It turns on.. so I go into bios to check temps aren't escalating to 60C+, and it shuts down promptly after I press the del key. Followed by a rather bassy sounding siren type noise..

Two different tones were coming from the speaker, one slightly higher pitched than the other. They were continuous until I turned the psu off at the back.

So I turn it all back on, it boots, I get the post screen and the nice little beep you get when you turn on... then the same happens.

I left it overnight to see if it might fix itself (was a bit tired ), and it did the same this morning. I've tried booting with minimal components, but the same happens. Different components, etc. Same thing.

Help.. please?

Banned
    Thanks
    Are you sure you connected the new cooling devices up properly? Are they capable of giving the cooling needed? It could simply be some safety settings in the BIOS which detect what speed fans are spinning etc, you may need to plug a fan into the CPU fan header or use a HSF for the mo.

Thanks
    • Theo's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5B Wifi deluxe
      • CPU:
      • E6600 @ 3150Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 2x2GB OCZ 6400
      • Storage:
      • 1x80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 640MB 8800GT
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS M221u
      • Internet:
      • Be Value
    I've cleared the cmos, so the default settings are so that no fan is required to boot up :/

I'll check all the blocks are connected properly, though I don't know if that'll make a difference, as the time that it stays on varies from 2-10 seconds, and I doubt the cpu would get hot enough to cause a shut down in that amount of time.

I plugged in the mobo fan last night, and the psu fanspeed thing into the cpu header. Still no joy. I'll have another tinker today.. Knowing my luck, I'll have cut a trace without realising it.

Thanks
    Thats what I would of said, get a fan plugged into the CPU fan header and try again...

/oh why oh why are all these NF7 storys popping up mear hours after I order mine lol

Thanks
    Sounds like it is overheating and shutting down. Try with the old fans and stuff in, see if you cna get in the bios and reset it...

Will
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thread Information