Thread: Non-fuctioning sound and nic

Thanks

Non-fuctioning sound and nic

Im just geting around to finally sorting out my PC after i fitted the new mobo (a abit NF7 S 2nd hand from anther member here) and i cant get the sound or network socket to work.

The network socket can detect if theres a cable pluged in or not, but seams to be unable to acctally conect to anything?
    - Tempererally solved with a PCI nic, but it would be ncie to get it working!!

The on-board sound it all installed, and playing somthing in winamp or somthing causes the leval meters in the "Nvidia nForce Control Pannel" thingy to go up and down fine. However nothink acctually comes out of the line-out socket!
    - The speakers deffonatly work too, just i get no sound out?
    - Ill have to see if i can get any joy from the optical output.
    - Put still, its somthing i need to fix before i got back to uni! (leaving sterio at home)

Daniel

Thanks
    not sure about the networking issue, leave that for the lan-geeks on the forum
    As per the sound, have you checked that the jumpers for the front panel audio are in place or are you using the front panel audio, as if they're not there and ur not using the front panel, no sound will appear at the back. worth a shot

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve B
    not sure about the networking issue, leave that for the lan-geeks on the forum
    As per the sound, have you checked that the jumpers for the front panel audio are in place or are you using the front panel audio, as if they're not there and ur not using the front panel, no sound will appear at the back. worth a shot
    Ahhh wow! Your an life saver!
    - It never even crossed my mind to check that, i thought the board goosed!
    - Had a look, no jumpers! Found one, and scaved another off a cd drive, and BINGO. Sound!

Excellent, one down, one to go!

Daniel

Thread Information