Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No "SLI Visual" indicators on 7900GX2?

Thanks
    OOOOhhhhhh

Thanks charleski! Sounds very promising, I'll try that tonight!

DM

Thanks
    AHA!

Only had time to try it with one game last night, which was Rise of Nations Gold Edition (since I'd just bought it and wanted to try it out). So obviously not the most challenging game graphically.

But I did as charleski suggested, downloaded NvTray (I'm trying the beta version on his link, you also need the .NET Framework 2 which you can get via the same link), installed it, then you need to right click the icon and choose Hardware-Multi GPU Applet. And it worked! I got a green line the full width of the screen, fluctuating up and down around the middle indicating a roughly 50-50 split, and an SLI watermark and the FPS and a few stats of GPU and GPU2 temperature in the corner of the screen. Just what I wanted!

Thanks charleski!

Interestingly, it didn't give me the green line indicator or the SLI watermark in the corner when I ran Rise of Legends, which appears to confirm what I expected - it's not running in SLI. So when I get some time I'll experiment with different SLI settings for it.

That appears to be just what I wanted, thanks again!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingmatt View Post
    No, 3DMark 2006

And the magic is, erm, I dunno I just put it all together don't look at me sorry guv
    Guys, if anyone is interested, I just reinstalled my rig and only got 8,500 in 3dMark06, but then I realised that the nVidia settings were set for 8x AA and 4xAF. If you set these to "application controlled" then voila, 9,350 again.

Try that then!

Which does suggest that comparing 3dM06 benchmark scores is widely misleading, as it depends on what other settings you have...

DM

Thanks
    Do you mean the Nvidia display settings? As you cant change how the benchmark is run from the free version of 06.

Thanks
    Yeah exactly that Voronus, in the nVidia Control Panel, 3d Settings, then whatever the "global settings" page is called. That's also where the SLI profiles are set up, and the 3dM06 SLI profile that came with the 91.45 drivers I'm using has "Use global setting" for AA and AF.

When I installed these 91.45 drivers, the global settings were 8x AA and 4x AF. If you make these "application controlled" I think it runs without AA or AF. Makes sense.

Looks like the nVidia Control Panel settings are made to over-rule whatever the game's settings are.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information