Thread: Corsair TwinX1024-4000Pro memory

Thanks

Corsair TwinX1024-4000Pro memory

hello ALL!!

Got a new PC!! WooOT a P4 3.0Ghz and som rames named corsair TwinX1024-4000Pro (2*512MB[PC4000]) I heard that they are realy niCe.. those rames are on my Motherboard that only support Pc3200 (Readed in the Motherboard Manuall).. now what i have to do that the rams run correctli on the board... saw in som forums that i have to do som changes on the BIOS... but what...?

PLLLZZZ HHHEEEELLLPP!!

thx a lot

Thanks
    Hi & welcome,

Probably help if you said what motherboard you have.

Thanks
    They should run fine, just at pc3200 speeds. As all RAM is backwards compatible, i.e. pc3500 will run in pc2700 happily.

Should be all good, if you are not overclocking and are running it at pc3200 then you can tighten the timings as it is running a lot less than stock.

Will
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Thanks
    thx a lot

my motherboard is a ASUS P4P800 /GD...

Thanks
    Hi mate,

The P4P800 will run your memory @ full speed, you wont have to downclock to PC3200 speeds.
    What I suggest is entering your bios (delete key to the side of the home key when booting).
    Then navigate using the cursor keys to the "advanced" tab I think, there you should have options like:

AI Overclock Tuner
    CPU External Frequency (also known as Front Side Bus - FSB)
    DRAM Frequency
    AGP/PCI Frequency
    etc etc

Ok, if you do not want to overclock your processor, try selecting the DRAM Frequency as 500mhz (same as PC4000). You may need to increase the voltage to the DRAM also (to approx 2.7 or 2.8v - this is on the same page called DDR reference voltage).

If you do want to overclock your cpu OR your motherboard doesn't give you the 500mhz option, this is what I would do:
    Firstly set the AI Overclock Tuner to manual, then set the CPU External Frequency to 220mhz, you should notice the DRAM frequency change to 440mhz, at this point save changes and reboot, (you may want to go into windows to make sure) if everything is ok go back into the bios and increase the CPU External Frequency to 250mhz, that should give you 500mhz memory, PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU SET THE AGP/PCI FREQUENCY TO 66/33, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT.
    I would also suggest changing the Performance mode to OFF, for a more stable system.
    You may need to increase the voltage to the DRAM also (to approx 2.7 or 2.8v - this is on the same page called DDR reference voltage).
    You may also need to increase the voltage to your cpu slightly, again for stability.
    For this change the CPU vcore voltage to something like 1.55 or 1.575 (you should NOT need to go above 1.6).

I hope you understand all this, if you have any other questions, send me a private message etc.............good luck.

OH and just to remind you that when (or if) you overclock, you may void your PC's warranty, so be carefull. Just remember increase things a bit at a time.

Thanks
    coooly !! thx a lot mate!!

only wait now for my memory modules than i will try it out!!
    REALY thx thx thx !!

Thread Information