Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spanking New Rig

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    How can we a victim of our own sucess? do you actually know what you are talking about when you quote this or are you actually looking to make up some excuse because at the moment (see last post on this thread) we are not entirely meeting your needs. Or maybe it is the fact that most Hexus users enjoy free delivery in which you do not have the benefit. What do you mean by service? please explain as before I thought it was the high delivery cost you had to point out, So our delivery cost may be higher but that does not mean you would not receive good service, am I wrong?

Regards
    It's pretty obvious what I meant by victim of your own sucess, basically that soo many people bang on about youse on these boards that it jars with people in Ireland. It wasn't meant as a further dig at Scan rather it was meant to shed some light on why Scan gets whinged at for it's delivery charges to Ireland whilst some lesser known companies don't.

As for this;

or are you actually looking to make up some excuse because at the moment (see last post on this thread) we are not entirely meeting your needs.
    Why exactly would I need to make up an excuse because Scan aren't meeting my needs? I would have thought it the otherway round. Furthermore, considering the issue of prohibitive carriage fees to N.Ireland has been a live one on these forums for a number of years it would seem that the concerns of would be N.Irish customers comes way down Scans list of priorities and our custom as desired as Jade Goody in a Mumbai night club.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    Also I don't know what sales courses you've done but maybe you should try some "joined up" thinking, the idea that you can seperate service from delivery charges is ludricous.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by revol68 View Post

Why exactly would I need to make up an excuse because Scan aren't meeting my needs? I would have thought it the otherway round. Furthermore, considering the issue of prohibitive carriage fees to N.Ireland has been a live one on these forums for a number of years it would seem that the concerns of would be N.Irish customers comes way down Scans list of priorities and our custom as desired as Jade Goody in a Mumbai night club.
    The services Scan provides as mentioned in previous threads is always improving, plenty of people order from N Ireland and are happy with the service but no matter where you are there are always going to be someone who is not completly happy with the service. We do take this onboard and know that costs to Ireland via our shipping service are higher than some other retailers but as mentioned previously we are looking into this. To say that N Irish customers come way down Scans list is silly and thats what makes me come to the conclusion that obviously you have a bee under your bonnet about something other than the fact delivery costs are higher than other companies.

All I can say is we are looking into different options and hope that you can bear with us untill then

*Closed*

Regards

Thanks
    Also I don't know what sales courses you've done but maybe you should try some "joined up" thinking, the idea that you can seperate service from delivery charges is ludricous.
    We don't don't need sales courses we have product knowledge, regards to sales you either have it or you don't.

the point I was making about service was in general I was simply pointing out that even though or delivery costs are more at present it does not mean you will not experience good service. Service starts from presentation of sale to after care but I suppose you probably would'nt of taken this into account but thats ok I understand.

Regards

Thanks
    PS

Sorry MUMCHUMBA

for this on your thread it really is uncalled for but you get carried away when somebody always wants the last word. If you would like to make an order please feel to PM your contact details and I will look after you.

Hopefully this is the end, errr or is it?

Thanks
    There was really no need for your attidude Paul. You might work for Scan, but there really not as good as you think.

Thanks
    • Reapsy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus PB5-E
      • CPU:
      • Core 2 Duo E8600
      • Memory:
      • 2048MB Corsair DDR2 5400
      • Storage:
      • 150GB Raptor, 750 GB WD, 80GB Maxtor
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 8800GTX
      • PSU:
      • PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Quad
      • Case:
      • A big black one
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" HP LP2475w
      • Internet:
      • 56kbps ADSL
    Whats this about free postage from scan? Sorry but I'm kind of new to the forum and haven't heard of this before.

Thanks
    the reason Scan get it in the neck is because it's a victim of it's own success
    So they have high delivery charges to NI because they are successful ?....Right.
    that and it's especially annoying seeing you smug gits over there getting free delivery.
    I know it’s annoying, but let’s be honest, you are in a different country with a fair bit of water between you and Scan. Overcoming this costs more money. It’s not really complex, is it ?
    Every time someone from Ireland posts up an item they bought from a retailer they are met with posts about how it's cheaper at scan and they could use the free postage.
    Funny. The log clearly shows that You were the first one to bring Scan up.
    I'm merely pointing out that whilst the rest of the UK might be get great service from Scan the rest of us don't.
    Again, Scan gets charged more. They pass this on. What this has to do with their service i’ll never know.

You've managed to being this debate into thread that doesnt even have anything to do with retailers or delivery of items. Mr Mumchumba barely even mentioned where he had brought his parts from.

Again, please

If you have any further issues with this, please take it to PM with me if its a forum matter, or contact Scan Customer Service and let them know if its about delivery (although thats probably been done).

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey21 View Post
    There was really no need for your attidude Paul. You might work for Scan, but there really not as good as you think.
    I dont know if you're reading Pauls posts different to me, but as far as I can see, he has been professional in all of them.

Mr Mumchumba - I am honestly sorry at how this thread has gone. It is certainly not the usual welcome that normal members get I assure you.
    Last edited by Agent; 25-01-2007 at 01:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thread Information