Thread: 'Fuzzy' music on my PC.

Thanks

'Fuzzy' music on my PC.

I have one of these motherboards and a set of Creative Megaworks 250Ds. I use the digital out bracket, connected to the speakers by way of a digital coax.
    My music programme is Musicmatch Jukebox 8.1. I listen to audio in anything from 64Kbps WMA to 96Kbps MP3pro up to 320Kbps MP3s. I also use Media Player 9.
    Now, there is an occasional problem of crackling when playing music. It could be any format, any bitrate, any volume, any level of bass or treble.
    It would maybe be best described as distortion in the music. Happens radomnly, I haven't noticed any pattern yet.

What could be the problems for this?? I sort of noticed it when I first got the setup. I have tried for lose wires and connectors etc.

Could the files be corrupt?

Thanks
    if the files are corrupt, it wouldn't be random, coz they'd be "broken" in the same place each time.

it 'might' be your speaker arrangement.. -iirc, speaker cables are rolled up, or touching each other, it can cause crackling..

Thanks
    Which nForce audio driver version are you using?

Is yours the standard K7N2 or the ILSR?

Thanks
    The speakers are setup on either side of my monitor, and any loose extra cabling is 'dangled' down the back of my desk, not tighlty wound or anything. Maybe I can tape one to the wall away from the other?

As far a nForce drivers, I updated to the 3.13 set recently and from DxDiag, it says; 6.14.0375.0000 as my sound driver.
    Interestingly, when testing directmusic through DxDiag, I get the same 'fuzzyness' when playing through NVIDIA(R) nForce(TM) Audio port. But none of the others available. And it is a lot louder as well.

And my mobo is the ILSR.

Cheers for any more help
    [XP2500-M @ 200x11] [2X512MB Crucial PC2700] [MSI K7N2 Delta ISLR] [160GB 8MB Samsung SP1614N] [160GB 8MB Maxtor DiamondMax9] [Megaworks 250Ds] [GeforceFX 5900] [Viewsonic VP171s]

Thanks
    I'm assuming that you have digital output enabled in the nforce control panel>speakers.

You could possibly try putting a heatsink on your southbridge if it is running very hot - this seems to have worked for some people reporting similar.

Thanks
    My god, slap my balls with a large mallet.

After checking the nForce control panel, I found that all the Premix volume levels and Equalizer freuency volumes were all set to max....

I'll get my coat....
    [XP2500-M @ 200x11] [2X512MB Crucial PC2700] [MSI K7N2 Delta ISLR] [160GB 8MB Samsung SP1614N] [160GB 8MB Maxtor DiamondMax9] [Megaworks 250Ds] [GeforceFX 5900] [Viewsonic VP171s]

Thread Information