• W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net

Quick reminder

Take note:

DO NOT LOOT BIND ON PICKUP ITEMS

Dungeons have many items, typically blue and above, that are bind on pickup. This means that once the player picks up the item, it's bound to their character. They can no longer trade it and can only sell the item to the vendor or destroy it. There is a popup box that asks for confirmation before looting a bind on pickup item. Players should always pause at that popup and make sure they are supposed to loot the item first. If you pick up an item by mistake, you can cause irreversible damage to your reputation as other players might not believe it was an error. This can also cause additional repercussions such as difficulty finding groups, or demotion and ejection from your guild.

The blizzard site has many useful hints like this - everyone should have a good read of dungeon and pvp hints.

I recently found myself affected by this, and, given the circumstances, was justifiably enraged..
    (I keep telling myself it's only a game..)

For the good and / or sanity of the whole guild, show a little more care and consideration for others in general if at all possible, pretty please?

(YES I know i'm not perfect and have my off times, but Jabba and I really do try to put a fair bit of effort into maintaning good relations with everyone (and yes I realise many people do this too), yet a number of recent events have made us wonder why.. :S )

I think i'm playing this game too much.

Thanks
    I know how you feel Bertie. Had this happen to me in an instance, a very nice(understatment, awesome) cloth belt came up. Knowing i was the only cloth wearer, result.

You rolled a 16
    ****** rolled 52
    ****** won loot

WTF, i was livid. Made a note not to play with that person again!

So sort out looting before questing. If they don't agree to the rules, bye bye.
    Last edited by beanbandit; 29-03-2005 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    It doesnt need a set of rules tbh, all it needs is a little common sense applied.................

Thanks
    Just a quick point but Im not in the know about what people can/can't wear and what items they would want, are you suggesting that players 'Inspect' everyone before going in to check what people would want from drops etc?

Otherwise some players are definitley going to annoy people because when you see a loot item come up your on a timer to say roll or not, I cant inspect everyone in that time to see if they want it?

Also there are unscrupulous players in the game that do say in an instance that they 'need' that item, I duly pull out of rolling for it only to find that they have a better item already (belt) and that they didnt need the item they just wanted it for money.....
    Antec P160/Abit IC7Max3/P4 3.02Ghz/PC3200 1GB/120GB Seagate Barracuda/Zalman CP7000/Radeon 128MB PRO with Arctic cooling/120mm fans

Yamaha YZF R6 2004 (Red)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanov
    Just a quick point but Im not in the know about what people can/can't wear and what items they would want, are you suggesting that players 'Inspect' everyone before going in to check what people would want from drops etc?

Otherwise some players are definitley going to annoy people because when you see a loot item come up your on a timer to say roll or not, I cant inspect everyone in that time to see if they want it?
    General consensus is only roll for items you can use/wear. No need to inspect as that takes too long. Too many players are rolling on all items in the hope of picking up something that will make them money by Vending or putting on AH. If no one rolls for said item and item has been abandoned then whoever gets there first gets the item.

If someone requests a certain item, knowing that it will be dropped by character X, then generally that item is left alone or if picked up by someone else then it should be passed on.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    As Pug says, i find the easiest rule is role on what you can wear, it does two things for you, makes you want to group with different people who wear different items. So i've now found myself questing with a hunter, mage and warrior so the competition for items is much less pronounced.

I'd use the general rule of thumb to be :-

Mail/leather items shared between hunter and shaman.
    Cloth to Mage
    Plate to Warrior
    2 Handed weapons to warrior.
    Staff to mage
    1 Handed mace to shaman
    1 Handed dagger/axe to share between hunter/shaman
    Rings are free for all as are cloaks (however if its +int/spr i would expect the warrior to pass on it)

For me its down to working with people you know and trust.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    You can't make good money off BOP items anyway, a couple of gold at a vendor at best? Who cares.

ERU
    Thanks
    I bet you stroke that person off your Christmas card list Bertie and he anit coming to any of you birthday parties anymore.

Perhaps I should do the sensible thing and not reply to this thread but I’m an honest guy so here goes – I think this thread is directed towards me  in Scarlet Monastery last night (well morning as it was 5am).

I suspected that you were livid last night Bertie but as I tried to say last night here things from behind my eyes again:
    We were trying to kill and complete the cathedral area for at least five hours. The other guys had been there for seven hours. Every time you kill the main guy, his mistress appears who on half health summons back the guy; so you have to fight both lvl42 Elites who do some nasty stuff. This was by far the hardest instance I had tried to-date with one weak link in any player meaning complete failure.

I knew both Jabba and Bertie wanted to do it too and that they were online but our group was full; including this weak link. So I went to a great effort to make sure that I got them into the group, with everyone saying that they would stay till the end.

So back in the Cathedral instance we get quite far, kill the guy and the woman is on low health. My blood is pumping as this is the furthest we have been in the last five hours and up pops 3 roll-on-items boxes covering my screen. I need to do something fast or we are going to have to start it all again. The woman lvl42 Elite is hitting our weakest HP guy and he is running about trying to avoid the hits and being killed. We need to get the aggro off fast, kill the women and go for the male lvl42 Elite. What should I do as my screen is blocked with these 3 roll-on-item boxes? I completely panic and just press anything to get rid of them, unfortunately most of the group are a bit more calm behind me casting spells etc, that they manage to press cancel instead so I win most. Not a problem I think as I battle away – we can always swap items after this is over. Not so …… as the bloody things were soulbound, I had no idea they would be and I was very tired. Everyone in the group was just relived to have finally completed the thing, although Bertie made a comment that he wasn’t happy.
    As I said last night I am more than happy to help you do this again mate, which you need to do anyway as you didn’t get the quest kill due to your death. I have quested on Elite stuff with you before and we haven’t had any problems. I felt like a complete tit getting that cloth cap when I don’t even wear cloth much. I would have happily given it to you if I could. I completely apologise for it but I was tired to the point of falling asleep on the keyboard and it was all a blurr. Hope you can put yourself in my shoes and put me back on that Christmas card list one day.

On a side note I think we all need to speak on TS more to make sure we get to know other people more. It is far too easy in impersonalise people who are just typing blue letter onto a screen, although i know some people use this to their advantage. I have noticed more and more people hating other guild members when we should all be trying to get along. I have been involved in many clans in the past, many of which have folded due to infighting. Some of these have been the finest in Europe. I am currently still with British Airborne, who has close links to [o]Korps, I have been a server admin for Jolt and Wireplay, with heavy involvement in [OwP]. The ONLY reason these tribes have lasted so long is that we all know each well and have fun. Let’s make an effort guys to ensure all the walls going up come crashing back down. It’s only a game ………..
    Remember all humans are idiots it's the ones that make an effort that make a difference. The only solution is by “phasing out the human race by voluntarily ceasing to breed will allow Earth's biosphere to return to good health. Crowded conditions and resource shortages will improve as we become less dense.”

Last edited by ERU; 29-03-2005 at 01:41 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ERU
    So back in the Cathedral instance we get quite far, kill the guy and the woman is on low health. My blood is pumping as this is the furthest we have been in the last five hours and up pops 3 roll-on-items boxes covering my screen. I need to do something fast or we are going to have to start it all again. The woman lvl42 Elite is hitting our weakest HP guy and he is running about trying to avoid the hits and being killed. We need to get the aggro off fast, kill the women and go for the male lvl42 Elite. What should I do as my screen is blocked with these 3 roll-on-item boxes? I completely panic and just press anything to get rid of them, unfortunately most of the group are a bit more calm behind me casting spells etc, that they manage to press cancel instead so I win most. Not a problem I think as I battle away – we can always swap items after this is over. Not so …… as the bloody things were soulbound, I had no idea they would be and I was very tired. Everyone in the group was just relived to have finally completed the thing, although Bertie made a comment that he wasn’t happy.
    From your little story it seems as if you was looting while in a fight with a lvl 42 Elite. WHY. One of your team mates is close to death, rather than help him you decide to loot? If i was Bertie i would have made a lot of comments that i wasn't happy.

ERU
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beanbandit
    From your little story it seems as if you was looting while in a fight with a lvl 42 Elite. WHY. One of your team mates is close to death, rather than help him you decide to loot? If i was Bertie i would have made a lot of comments that i wasn't happy.
    Nope i was just whacking buttons as if my life depended on it ....

Barely posting since 2006 bertie's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bertie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Lenovo Y480
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3610QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR1600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT650M
      • PSU:
      • Lappy
      • Case:
      • NA
      • Operating System:
      • W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net
    Good post, captured in the last paragraphs most of our feelings at the moment (I think?).
    Eru I do appreciate the reply, but you didn't have to bring it all up in here
    I'm "over it" now either way, and I realise mistakes could be made at that time - hell i'm sure we all committed a fair few gaffes. (EDIT: Still - the accept / cancel prompt for bind on pickup items is there for a reason!)

Firstly I think we're all playing way too much, and i'm going to limit my playing time now.
    Secondly, for those within the guild and even those outside, before thinking about committing any acts that may be considered selfish just to gain a few silver or XP points, ask yourself one question: Is it worth it? Really?

The slightest thing can set sparks off with others and cause near irreparable damage to your and / or the guilds reputation.

(No that is not directed at you eru )

On another note, personally I feel we are not doing things together or communicating well as a guild. (Yes, we should use TS Allen but some of us can't talk on a mic at 3am )
    The higher ups stick with the higher ups in general, and those lower down are (in general - NOT having a dig!) left to fend for themselves. I realise due to the nature of the game it is not feasible to quest or raid together, but I for one feel the general guild atmosphere could be improved significantly with just some minor tweaks here and there (though please ignore these observations if you feel they are unjustified).

Help your fellow man!
    Last edited by bertie; 29-03-2005 at 01:56 PM.

TiG
    Thanks
    First of respect to Eru for admitting why he rolled on these items. I can appreciate your reasoning, I'm the up front hand to hand guy too in most of the groups i deal with and know how annoying pop up boxes can be.

But i will say i can appreciate what bertie feels like. But as people will say there are things that annoy different people. I know that Lilith and a lot of other people where annoyed at Bertie that he sold wildvine on the AH, when pretty much all the guild are after it.

But none of us are perfect, I had a stupid arguement with thor and things got pretty personal and made both of us crazy mad. Why, well i struggle to play the game as a game. But then most of us spend that much time in the game its too important to us.

But my problems go further than this, some people don't even know what to do in a group. When someone is about to die, some people with instant aggro attacks can't don't even take aggro off them or don't know how too.

I appreciate that we have a lot of first time MMORPG players here, but i've found working with the same people all the time gets results. The top group of velan/makgrosh/lilith/slarys/thor all do instances together pretty much exclusively. (correct me if i'm wrong guys). They know what each other is capable of and what they are expected to do.

The same is true for Myself, Pug, Azog and one of the Piggies (green or red). I find we all think on the same wavelength and work well together. I find that this way i have a lot less problems and find it easier to get on with things.

I hate to say but Teamspeak really got to the point a couple of weeks back where i couldn't stand being on it. I tried it again last week when the patch was released and had to turn it off due to so many people moaning about stuff.

I think the real issue is the following. Being good to the "guild" has little sway with players who have not seen you being good to them. There is a large amount of "free" trades going on between set groups of players. I pretty much exclusively deal with the group i spoke about earlier for leather, potions etc. Just because i know that i can provide them back good items in return.

Just my 2p worth
    TiG
    Last edited by TiG; 29-03-2005 at 02:06 PM.
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Thanks
    And for my two pennorth...

I''ve not been playing that long, only lvl 20 Hunter atm, and I've started doing group quests to get them done.

The first was a very good adventure, with lots of team work and all of us handing out stuff we'd picked up to those who needed/could use it.

The second was an unmitigated disaster. No comms on the party channel, it seemed like we had two leaders who kept going off in different directions, splitting the team and our firepower up.

We had a 2 warriors, a shaman and me as my hunter and I passed on rolling for stuff like stafs and wands, cloth cloaks etc. I was offered a shield by one chap, told him I couldnt use it but he needed me to carry it for him... I looted a body and found a hunters musket, perfect for me... to then have the shaman win the roll...

Then, as above, someone started looting in the middel of a fight and we all dide very far into the Wailing Caverns... no choise but to ressurect at the graveyard and take the item damage... all through poor comms.

My next outing fared a bit better, though one of us still dies through not hanging on and letting us other two sort ourselves out before leaping into battle... We didnt get as many green items, and I deliberately held off from stuff I couldnt use, telling the others so and hoping they'd get the hint... which worked fine.

But you're right, it's damn annoying to see stuff you KNOW is perfect for you go to a sharacter who will only sell it, the same as seeing people looting rather than getting stuck in in a fight... I'd rather have less loot and have walked out of WC having completed my quest than have a bag full of goodies all degraded cos I had to ressurect at the graveyard...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dareos View Post
    "OH OOOOHH oOOHHHHHHHOOHHHHHHH FILL ME WITH YOUR.... eeww not the stuff from the lab"

Barely posting since 2006 bertie's Avatar
    Thanks
    • bertie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Lenovo Y480
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 3610QM
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR1600
      • Storage:
      • 2TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GT650M
      • PSU:
      • Lappy
      • Case:
      • NA
      • Operating System:
      • W7 X64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2405
      • Internet:
      • Australian awful net
    Good post. I (and jabba) have been so damn disillusioned with the cliques and seeming lack of care, sometimes you just think - screw it (Yes, Jabba and I could be seen as a clique but we're always trying to group with anyone and help people do quests when we don't have RL commitments) Why should I help these people any more if they're not willing to lift a finger for anyone else? It's the rage at the time, when you perceive other people to be worse than they (hopefully) are that makes you make bad decisions.
    In an ideal world we would all be super nice like those swedes, but as has been said before, NOBODY is perfect!

Sorry to drudge all this drama up in here, but I hope, I really hope something good comes from it. We're all sitting on built up frustration through little things that perhaps need to be let out in the open.
    Perhaps I should book us all onto the Trisha Goddard show? Could be fun
    Last edited by bertie; 29-03-2005 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks
    I have played with eru quite a bit, have also played with the majority of other players around my level (jabs and bert included)........................

Im pretty sure that he did not loot on purpose and his explanation seems justified, why go to the effort of taking an hour or two to write a huge essay on the reasoning etc.... when he could of sat back and kept quiet. Bertie wouldn't of named names etc.

After all 5 hrs in one place can get a bit stressfull, and at 5am, im a grumpy git!

On saying that, I will mention that this guild is very clicky......... Perhaps if we all intermingled a bit more, we could get a little bit more instance experience.

Teamspeak is down at the moment, if im doing a quest, i tend to shout over TS telling peeps "i want it"........ or if its an item i cant use i will say "anyone want"........ after all, hunters can use leather, cloth, guns, bows, swords, axes, maces, daggers, polearms, Staff, Crossbow, Thrown............. would be unfair for me to roll on every item that i can use, then sell them on just because i can use them........

Like i said above, a little common sense applied things go a lot smoother....
    Last edited by madocks; 29-03-2005 at 02:56 PM.

TiG
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madocks
    On saying that, I will mention that this guild is very clicky......... Perhaps if we all intermingled a bit more, we could get a little bit more instance experience.
    If you mean people tend to stick to their groups, i do honestly believe thats down to lvl requirements of going to instance X needs lvl 40 etc.

There is no way any of the group of ppl from lvl 38 to 41 can go and join in with the lvl 45+ instances, as the rest of the group would just be carrying you all the way.

The game is coded that there is no way in the world that you could harm a creature 5 lvls above you (when its red). Normal hand to hand damage will be minute 5 per hit instead of 100 per hit in my case, and 90% of spells resisted, and when they hit you, DAMN do they hurt heh.

Orange is fine, can still nail them guys 4 lvls above, but there is some software limit above that.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information