Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention All Guild Members - Please Read

LWA
    Thanks

Exclamation Attention All Guild Members - Please Read

Everyone,
    It has come to my attention that some people (please do not ask for names they will not be given) are acting in an un-guild friendly way. Let it be known that I am not pointing fingers in any way just want to have a chat with you all.

Let me summarize what a friendly guild environment should be like:

• Magic items are offered to people in the guild (that is the people that are online) before putting them on the auction house. Also if you know of a person that would like the item please keep it for him/her
    • Prices for items, enchantments, etc are offered to guild members for a little over trade prices (i.e. so the seller makes a small amount and the buyer will be very happy with the price paid)
    • People help each other out where ever possible (to do quests, instances, professions)
    • People with spare items or spare cash help out those that need it

By giving up amazing items you have found to other guild members it is true you don't make as much money as you would on the auction house. However what you get in return is far better. You get people offering magic items to you for fantastic prices, you get enchantments, potions, cloth, silk, leather all to help your character progress.

An example of this excellent team effort is as follows: a person came across some bracers that he thought would be excellent for a high level mage. By selling them on the AH perhaps he would of made a small amount of money. However by saving them for the mage in the guild he got in return the thanks from the person and several, extremely useful and life saving, potions. A bargain in my eyes! This is a small scale example of the brilliant feats that can be acomplished by sucessfull guild.

I am in know way saying that being in the guild should stop you from making money, there is plenty of money to be made even if you share all items with the guild. If you would rather solo along, not trade items and make all your own money then maybe a guild is not for you. Any people that do not act appropriately within the guild will be warned and after repeat occurances will be removed. However nobody wants it to come to this so please play nicely.

This friendly environment increases the enjoyment everyone gets out of the game. So please if you can help people please make an effort to do so. The Hexus Horde, as a whole, has been a great success and become very popular, please continue to keep up the good work.

Anyway I have taken up enough of your valuble time so thanks to you all for reading and if you have any problems with what I have said please let me know.

See you all in game,
    Leon (Thor)

ERU
    Thanks
    A good post
    Well done Thor

That said it was hard to GIVE a ring to Madocks the other day ....
    Last edited by ERU; 15-03-2005 at 06:56 PM.

LWA
    Thanks
    Thanks ERU

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    I would like to second that, a great post. We seem to be good at grouping together for quests and instances but we need to work more together with what Leon points out.

At the end of the day, if I have spare magic items I'll offer them. If nobody wants them, I'll disenchant them. If people offer green items and nobody wants them, I'll sometimes buy them for disenchanting. Those who have helped me out a lot have received either very cheap enchantments or the odd free one.

The main point of WoW is to have fun. You can have fun by playing more than others and getting high levels or you can play at a more leisurely pace and take things easy, that's entirely up to you. But with the guild in mind, just remember, the guild is for helping everyone else out if possible, not for status or personal gain.

Thanks
    I wont repeat the above points but I would like to point out...

A Teamspeak server has been created by Allen. Use of this is strongly encouraged. Even if you cant speak alot on it, being able to hear what others are saying when partying will improve the game.
    - Cantankerous -
    - GSV - MarlinsUK - TNGC -

Registered+
    Thanks
    Great post Thor! I agree with all that, I will now when I get good items (green or above) ask if any1 in the guild wants them. I hope everyone else listen to you as well.

Thanks
    I think it should be reworded and made into a sticky

Basically a guild guide so people can read what is expected before being allowed into the guild...........

wot u lads think?

LWA
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by madocks
    I think it should be reworded and made into a sticky
    Do you mean reworded? If so what would you like to see modified? (apart from adding the team speak comments into it)

Or did you mean rewarded?

Thanks
    And then retitled Hexus Horde-Code of conduct

Perhaps add

Rolling on items. Only roll for items you can use. If everyone passes, then first come, first served.

Repect the Hexus name. Mainly aimed at Allen. He flirts with anyone and everyone, including Alliance scum. Disgusting.

And above all others. HAVE FUN.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Leon
    Do you mean reworded? If so what would you like to see modified? (apart from adding the team speak comments into it)

Or did you mean rewarded?
    I meant reworded

Change

it has come to my attention that people are being naughty....................

to

Here are a few guidelines that we expect guild members to follow...........

Basically create a guild policy / pact or whatever u want to call it.

Only my tuppence worth

LWA
    Thanks
    Done.

Plus thanks for everyone's input

Thanks
    nice one leon. Might i add my thoughts :

Attempts will be made to track existing skills/trades in use. Assistance from all guild members in keeping there skills/trades up to date on the forums will be much appreciated.

Quests that are known to be tough and or lengthy, will be posted on these forums, and a suitable meeting place and time will be arranged for those wishing to complete these quests with the assistance of others in the guild. Members should “sign on” to these topics to signify that they will be attending.

It is your responsablity to handle yourself outside the guild, as if you were dealing with people inside the guild.
    - Cantankerous -
    - GSV - MarlinsUK - TNGC -

Thanks
    madocks = big help , my Tauren warrior is much better for all the items I received
    Antec P160/Abit IC7Max3/P4 3.02Ghz/PC3200 1GB/120GB Seagate Barracuda/Zalman CP7000/Radeon 128MB PRO with Arctic cooling/120mm fans

Yamaha YZF R6 2004 (Red)

LWA
    Thanks
    Geist - updated with your very good suggestions.

Thanks
    Well said Thor I for one always shift click items I intend to sell or indeed pass-on to another player in need into guild speak before I do, however buying from the auction house has helped me in times of need when no other could help...sob. Selling on the AH is still alien to me, I am a AH virgin

Its all about striking a balence within the guild to the point where people feel you are willing to put in all that you can, to give others the same benefits that are being made available to you As in the guild of life if you are seen to be doing all the taking and not enough giving you will find problems. Besides dont you just love that warm fuzzy feeling you get when you give check out the posts in Tigs, What have you enjoyed most so far? you dont have to look far to see what a guilds all about
    Rhyth is selling:
    Tamron 17-50mm F2.8 XR Di ll LD Aspherical (IF) £230 +pp
    Canon 50mm 1.8 II £50 +pp
    Proven good copies.

Those who look out dream, those who look inward, awake. Jung

Thanks
    That was one of the reasons i left my previous guild .

I dont mind give or sell in a "friends" price the items that i have , that i dont need.

Probably we should create a " Hex Horde guild conduit book" to clarify and define the behaviour of the guilmates.
    WoW

Ravenblood - lvl 56 Troll Hunter - Mining/Eng

Dumac - lvl 18 Druid - Herb/Alc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information