Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FPS Game suggestions ....

Thanks

Re: FPS Game suggestions ....

I'll be tempted to look once they settle down a bit, and depending on what I can get rid of my 3400G for..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zak33 View Post
    Id stick old school Sara

Build a new AMD rig with their APU and forget getting a card yet

Get 32gig of DDR4, 2 or more SSD's and a 1440 screen

then find copies of Q2 and Q4 and start there at serious resolutions on a quick monitor

I cant exagerate enough how you'll be astounded by a GPU built into a CPU from AMD and you can THEN buy a proper discreet GPU next year when the ridiculous pricing/stock shortages are over.

https://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/1...ryzen-7-5700g/

that...is a 65w 8 core 16 thread mondter CPU ....WITH a gpu built in that is scarily powerful for your current expectations.
    Appreciate the advice, but that's not what I want to do.

Firstly, there's only so much space on the die and to shoehorn the graphics bit in, you lose half the L3 cache. Secondly, I'm after a 5900X, i.e. 12 cores. And third, a significant part of my intention is build and forget. I don't want to be upgrading. So to get back to anything like the 5900X, I'd not just be adding in a dGPU later, but upgrading the CPU too.

The only downside to going full-bore now is the price I might have to pay for the GPU. I so, so be it.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    I can't remember Saracen's choice of video conversion/rendering software, but some of it is better on CUDA. Heck, the video encode block is just plain better on Nvidia right now.

OTOH, if he is just software rendering then that's different.
    A mix, that's currently under revie du to imminent mahooosive increase in CPU/GPU power from my current antique, I mean, system.

MakeMKV, Handbrake and shortly, OBS and probably daVinci Resolve. Currently, a suitably antique Premiere, but I'm de-Adobe'ing. But also photo software, including Serif/Affinity Photo, and ACDSee Studio Ultimate 2021 as I'm de-Photoshop'ing too. Audio software including Audacity (no, haven't upgraded to the allegedly snopping version though I'm not convinced that's entirely a fair allegation). And so on.

Edit - And Emby.
    A lesson learned from PeterB about dignity in adversity, so Peter, In Memorium, "Onwards and Upwards".

Thanks

if you want to get upset all the time install CS GO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information