• Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps

My New Money Making Scheme

OK, we all know about the population bias on our server. There's 2.5 Alliance to 1 Horde. In some ways it bad news, in other ways it's good.

Now, after a few hours playing my new Alliance char on Arathor I have noticed a few things:

a) the amount of high level Alliance chars is amazing (you see them all standing around in IF)
    b) the amount of high level equipment (blues and purples) is also amazing
    c) the amount of epic mounts people have is bloody amazing
    d) the amount of items on the AH and the hgh price is ridiculously amazing

These all add up to one thing, Alliance peeps are very rich. Very, very rich.

I have been playing my lvl 17 Hunter (with Skinning and Mining professions) for less than 24 hours now and not only am I enjoying it, but I'm getting a nice bit of money. Nearly all items I have picked up I've sold, all leather/ores/stones/cloth I've sold for a pretty amount of money and I too am getting rich. About 10g rich!

IMO, that's 24 hours of mainly levelling and some farming along the way, but 24 hours to make 10g? I can only see it increasing quicker now he's a higher level and I'm starting to mine Tin (to make Bronze Bars) and Silver. I had a little help from Velan with transferring 2g to my Hunter early on, but I've made 5 times that in return in a short space of time.

Now, when I'm bored, I too am gonna get a low level char to Gadgetzan so we can 'abuse' the neutral AH, so if anyone wants anything transferred to help out an Alliance char (if you want to try this too) gimme a shout. I have a new gun with Keri I want to transfer so will need the help of someone else in return soon.

Thanks
    Question, how can you transfer items from Alli to horde? i thought they could not transfer/Communicate in any way? O.o
    Quote Originally Posted by Noni
    What the hell does "WTH" mean

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    You can indeed via the neutral auction house at Gadgetzan, I have an Elf alt whose sole purpose in life is too sit there and move bit from alliance to horde via auctions and visa versa.

There is one catch however, when using this method 15% is lost in the transaction to what I can only assume are auction fees - I put a ticket in asking about this that was never answered.

Keri if you give me a shout in game Ill move your gun over tonight.

Anyone else wants anything moving let me know, Just create yourself a dwarf alt to sit in the ironforge AH and post bits you want moved to my elf and I will transfer for you at gadget.
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Easy. Get 2 people to go to the neutral AH, one as Alliance, one as Horde. If you want to transfer money from Horde to Alliance for example, get the Alliance guy to put something crap on the AH for a huge buyout, make the Horde buy it; Alliance guy gets the money. If you want to transfer an item from Horde to Alliance, make sure it's empty (most of the time it is) get the Horde to put it up with a 1s buyout (min I think) and the Alliance guy buys it and gets the item.

:edit: Scientist: I dunno why you say there's a 15% loss, or where that loss is. When we transfered the 2g the other day, all of it went and there was no loss.

TiG
    Walk a mile in other peoples shoes...
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    OK, we all know about the population bias on our server. There's 2.5 Alliance to 1 Horde. In some ways it bad news, in other ways it's good.

Now, after a few hours playing my new Alliance char on Arathor I have noticed a few things:

a) the amount of high level Alliance chars is amazing (you see them all standing around in IF)
    b) the amount of high level equipment (blues and purples) is also amazing
    c) the amount of epic mounts people have is bloody amazing
    d) the amount of items on the AH and the hgh price is ridiculously amazing

These all add up to one thing, Alliance peeps are very rich. Very, very rich.

I have been playing my lvl 17 Hunter (with Skinning and Mining professions) for less than 24 hours now and not only am I enjoying it, but I'm getting a nice bit of money. Nearly all items I have picked up I've sold, all leather/ores/stones/cloth I've sold for a pretty amount of money and I too am getting rich. About 10g rich!

IMO, that's 24 hours of mainly levelling and some farming along the way, but 24 hours to make 10g? I can only see it increasing quicker now he's a higher level and I'm starting to mine Tin (to make Bronze Bars) and Silver. I had a little help from Velan with transferring 2g to my Hunter early on, but I've made 5 times that in return in a short space of time.

Now, when I'm bored, I too am gonna get a low level char to Gadgetzan so we can 'abuse' the neutral AH, so if anyone wants anything transferred to help out an Alliance char (if you want to try this too) gimme a shout. I have a new gun with Keri I want to transfer so will need the help of someone else in return soon.
    a) the amount of high lvl alliance characters that are appalingly equipped is crazy... a lvl 58 druid with sub 1800health!!...
    b) the average lvl of equipment i've seen is DIRE!. Horde on average has much better equipment.
    c) WHAT????. I've seen 1 alliance char with an epic mount in pvp... Where i've seen 6 on the horde side.
    d)

Sure there are a lot of items up there and the mithril i saw on there simply wasn't selling. hundreds of bars up for 6G+ and no-one buying...., Prices are hugely expensive simply counter acts the numbers of players on that side.

Large radiant shards up for 11-14G on the alliance AH, where we're talking 8G on ours... If anything it means the alliance are poorer than we are as horde as EVERYTHING is soooo flipping expensive...

Sure the only thing we are missing is the choice of ~150 blue/purples compared to our 10-25 ish.

Making money just takes a bit of savvy. I've made 32G in the last two days simply by buying a few items off the AH and relisting them with a higher price.

Just my take on things, but i certainly wouldn't want to pay alliance prices for the items, quest rewards are no difference, you get the same amount of gold for killing stuff, so even the high buy prices simply can't counter act the higher prices for everything else imo.

TiG
    -- Hexus Meets Rock! --

I took the road less traveled by Scientist's Avatar
    Thanks
    There was a loss but I sent 2g anyway
    Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
    Enwrought with golden and silver light,
    The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
    Of night and light and the half-light,
    I would spread the cloths under your feet:
    But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
    I have spread my dreams under your feet;
    Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by TiG
    a) the amount of high lvl alliance characters that are appalingly equipped is crazy... a lvl 58 druid with sub 1800health!!...

b) the average lvl of equipment i've seen is DIRE!. Horde on average has much better equipment.
    I have seen some Horde who are just as badly equipped.

c) WHAT????. I've seen 1 alliance char with an epic mount in pvp... Where i've seen 6 on the horde side.
    Maybe they don't all PvP then. Seriously, I'll get some screenies if you like, I regularly see 4-5 at once in IF.

Sure there are a lot of items up there and the mithril i saw on there simply wasn't selling. hundreds of bars up for 6G+ and no-one buying...., Prices are hugely expensive simply counter acts the numbers of players on that side.
    How do you know it wasn't selling, unless you were selling it?

Large radiant shards up for 11-14G on the alliance AH, where we're talking 8G on ours... If anything it means the alliance are poorer than we are as horde as EVERYTHING is soooo flipping expensive...

Sure the only thing we are missing is the choice of ~150 blue/purples compared to our 10-25 ish.
    With 2.5x more players there must be a bigger market with much more money flying around it, whether that be in people's pockets or in items and eq that is over priced I don't know.

Making money just takes a bit of savvy. I've made 32G in the last two days simply by buying a few items off the AH and relisting them with a higher price.
    Well, I'd never be able to do that, and to be honest, I'm not in the least surprised you can make that kind of money easy...

Just my take on things, but i certainly wouldn't want to pay alliance prices for the items, quest rewards are no difference, you get the same amount of gold for killing stuff, so even the high buy prices simply can't counter act the higher prices for everything else imo.

TiG
    I don't pay Alliance prices for anything. I sell everything, and I do mean everything, for more on the Alliance AH than it would sell on the Horde AH. It's been an easy way for me to make 10g tbh (quite a bit for my level I think), and I can imagine that another 24 hours will get me another 10g+, which IMO can't be sniffed at.

OK, it's not as much as what you lvl 50-60 guys make, but I'm not level 50-60. I can't make 30g a day with Keri or Rentau, I would struggle to make 5g a day (that's 1 day RL not 24 hours game time). I'm just sharing my experience which I think has been well worth it.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    There was a loss but I sent 2g anyway
    Oops, I didn't realise! You should've said, that's like 30s!

Thanks
    • Butcher's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 3
      • CPU:
      • i7-4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8 GB Corsair 1866 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 120GB SSD, 240GB SSD, 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Antec 650W
      • Case:
      • Big Black Cube!
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
    Odd how much stuff like this varies between factions and servers.

Thanks
    • Mblaster's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS PK5 Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i5 2500K
      • Memory:
      • 8gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Intel X25 SSD + WD 2TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX520
      • Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    Me and Mattak have a good money making system, with getting Fiery Weapon Enchant Formulas and selling them for 50g (25g each) on the AH, we found 2 of them in about an hour today.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    As I said to TiG, it's easy for you guys to make stupid amounts of money quickly, for a lvl 39 it's damn near impossible.

I still think that making money as Alliance has been really easy on our server. Logged on last night for about 5 mins to collect post and I now have 11g.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • Storage:
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PSU:
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Just over a week later, I know have under 3 days in total of playing time and I'm level 27, my Skinning is over 200, my mining is over 150, my FA is over 180 and I have nearly 50g and some pretty good enchanted weapons.

Gonna try and transfer some money over to Keri, if I can bare to lose 15% to do so, so I can pay back some of my debts, have paid Eru and Impy already, need to pay GP and RP.

Thread Information