Thread: Year in review

Large Member
    Thanks

Year in review

Thought it might be nice to have a thread in which people could post a couple of stand-out pictures for their 2012. It might be nice to get a little info on the the picture rather than the pic-a-thon the photo-a-day thread is!

Here's one to start the ball rolling. This one stands out for me because, well anyone who knows me knows I'm into most things aviation, and it was probably the last time I'd see this classic in the sky.

I think pictures of any description are welcome. Just give a little info why it stands out for you - it could be anything.
    To err is human. To really foul things up ... you need a computer.

Thanks
    • g8ina's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock Z75 Pro3
      • CPU:
      • Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair 1600MHz DDR3.
      • Storage:
      • 250GB SSD system, 250GB SSD Data + 2TB data, + 8TB NAS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX Radeon HD 6870
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Elite 430
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Monitor(s):
      • Iiyama 22"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 100MB unlimited

Re: Year in review

Nice idea, I just did the same in AVF (not my thread tho). May I post 5 ?

1) Male Brown Hawker. It had the best comments in Flickr and is one of my best insect macros for a long time.

2) Willow (my granddaughter). Anything of Willow would have done but I love her face in this one.

3) St Giles infrared on my Sony k550i phone camera. You know me and infrared - this just shows whgat you can do with mobiles, IR perspex and a dab of IS12

3) Summer Leys infrared. Not a brilliant image but a rather significant one for me. This is the first IR I did using RAW and was therefore able to squeeze all that loverly colour out of it.

4) Little St Mary's, Cambridge infrared. I did a LOT of PP on this and I just love the comp.

5) Bouissac Gardens, France infrared (Sony P10). Memories of a very haunting place.
    Cheers, David

Seething Cauldron of Hatred TheAnimus's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Year in review

http://imgur.com/a/s0wnB

Sapa, Vietnam; very north end, in the mountains where the border with China is, very, very, very wet, my passport in my apparently waterproof camera bag got wet, only had WR lenses luckily in the bag, so everything is fine. This was in April, but its pretty much always rainy there.

Ninh Bing, Vietnam. Was there in August this year, did some cycling with a friend, this is how you row:

Hoi An, Vietnam. Those are skeletons for lanterns.

Senegal, part of the banger rally I did this year, hard to believe this is Janurary in the northern hemisphere, stunningly beautiful trip accross NW Africa.
    throw new ArgumentException (String, String, Exception)

4. Received thanks from:

kalniel (31-12-2012)

Thread Information