• G SKILL 2400Mhz 8GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB| Seagate 1TB + 1.5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 780 ACX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 860
      • Case:
      • HAF X with NF-S12B FLX, TY-140, X4 Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm and Demciflex Dust Flters
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 24inch LCD W2468L
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre Unlimited with Asus DSL N66U

Enermax RMA experiance C and J computers

I thought I would start this thread off to get your experiance of the procedure with Enermax. Currently they are either done with your retailer or C and J computers if not available.

I want to share my experiance with C and J computers. The RMA form is self explanatory and emailed them a copy of the invoice. I sent my defective Enermax revolution 1250w PSU to them at my own loss. Then I heard nothing for 2-3 weeks. I emailed them to get an update and they said they mailed it to Germany. Took another 2 weeks. I emailed them again and they said they were sending a new replacement... from Germany. So in total it took just over a month to get a replacement PSU from Enermax RMA route.

I find this unacceptable and very time consuimg. Imagine no computer for that long if you dont have a spare handy. Even Corsair RMA service aren't this long. Albeit the return costs are more expensive, as your sending to the Netherlands.

In Summary:

CONS:

Send at own cost
    Extremely long Turn over time
    Failure rates on Flagship models ? more than expected

SUMMONER

Re: Enermax RMA experiance C and J computers

more than 30days for a replacement!?

That's shocking, especially since it is not a budget brand.

How old was the PSU?

When my £30 budget OCZ Stealth XStream died after 2 years I refused to pay for postage to NL and RMAed it back to Ebuyer instead. They wasted a week arguing and then just credited me £20 instead of replacing it with a current equivalent from their stock/sending it off for repair themselves.

I find PSU warranties shocking, can users really be expected to have a spare to use while they wait weeks and weeks for replacements ! ¡ ? ¿

Thanks
    • csgohan4's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC
      • CPU:
      • I7 4770K with Noctua-D15
      • Memory:
      • G SKILL 2400Mhz 8GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 840 Evo 500 GB| Seagate 1TB + 1.5TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 780 ACX
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 860
      • Case:
      • HAF X with NF-S12B FLX, TY-140, X4 Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm and Demciflex Dust Flters
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 24inch LCD W2468L
      • Internet:
      • Sky Fibre Unlimited with Asus DSL N66U
    It was only 7 months old and used with current system. Rather disappointed it is not working given it's Enermax not some Cheap ASDA brand PSU. Kind of keen to swap the PSU to Corsair as my confidence is knocked in both the product and customer care.

I have another spare PSU again same PSU, Enermax 1250 W revolution I had bought cheap and brand new. But given it's such a waste to have it in storage I was thinking of selling it on Ebay. but on the other hand not having a spare, I could be stuck If my PSU blows. However You can't have spares for everything of your PC can you? you might as well have another Identical rig which is not financially viable for me
    Last edited by csgohan4; 08-06-2012 at 01:47 PM.

Thread Information