Thread: I know its the Sun but....

Thanks

I know its the Sun but....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2004020308,00.html

doesn't this Article remind you of the Brasseye special ?
    my Virtualisation Blog http://jfvi.co.uk Virtualisation Podcast http://vsoup.net

herbalist
    Thanks
    it does sound like a bit of a scare tactic, but it is a real threat, if slightly over-exagerated. fair enough, it is easy for perverts to take pics of kids on their mobiles, but this article seems to demonise camera phones. i have a camera phone, am i a pervert?! (the answer being no....) paedophiles are sick , but that article fails to outline what can be done to prevent your child being the victim of sexual abuse, just that paedos are using camera phones.
    the sun is bovine-excrement IMHO

if war is the answer, then we are asking the wrong question
    2 things i hate the most - xenophobia and the french
    "chuffing"

only the finest beef
    Thanks
    The new technology isn't really going to do anything that the internet didn't do surely?

Ok so it's more mobile; but as the police have come up with solutions to the present situation they'll have to come up with solutions to the new problems.

As for the Sun I wouldn't wipe my posterior with it!!

Thanks
    She said perverts could go to a park or playground, take an indecent picture and within seconds it can be downloaded on to a computer — where it can be accessed moments later by another paedophile.

She added: “The paedophile can then dump his phone, buy another one and start all over again.

“The cost is nothing because he is making so much money — around £30 each time his image is downloaded by another paedophile.
    Um....yeah. So he's going to take an indecent image of a kid playing in a park how? By pulling their pants down in full view of everybody? And then quickly send the image off before dumping the phone? Er.....

FFS! Have some ****ing sense you ****s! Paedophiles are not going to pay £30 for a pic of a kid playing in a park! They could probably find hundreds of those with a basic google search totally free! If a paedophile is actually going to abuse a kid and take pictures of it, an offence for which they could expect a minimum 10 year prison sentence, they're really not going to use a crappy camera phone to take the pictures, they're going to invest in a decent high res digital camera. Are the Sun proposing that you should have to register buy one of those?

Rich :¬)

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    ^ Sounds like a man in the know!

At the moment the buzz-word is 'paedophile' they are the common enemy of all men (and women) in this country. Typical tabloid using the 'won't somebody please think of the children!' tactic to sell papers, instead of offering assistance into the thinking of such a person and providing SENSIBLE tactics to help children avoid these people.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big RICHARD
    At the moment the buzz-word is 'paedophile' they are the common enemy of all men (and women) in this country. Typical tabloid using the 'won't somebody please think of the children!' tactic to sell papers, instead of offering assistance into the thinking of such a person and providing SENSIBLE tactics to help children avoid these people.
    Yeah, precisely. What the Sun should have is a campaign to raise taxes in order to pay many more trained police and computer experts to crack the rings of paedophiles making and distributing the pictures. They're drastically underfunded, and they're up against determined, smart people....organised criminals are involved from what I hear. I can imagine there is serious money to be made if you're a callous enough ****er, but not by taking pictures of kids in parks. By stirring up panic about irrelevant crap like this they're distracting attention from the real problem and probably more kids are being harmed as a result.

Thanks
    • floppybootstomp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z68-V Pro
      • CPU:
      • i7 Sandybridge Quad Core 3.4Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb DDR3
      • Storage:
      • Corsair 128Gb SSD; 1Tb for games; 500Gb for data
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA Nvidia 1Gb GTX 560
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Modular 620W
      • Case:
      • Antech 900 Gamers Case
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Ben Q EW2730V 27"
      • Internet:
      • Zen as ISP; Linksys Wireless Router; 4 machine network
    If it's in the Sun it's a lie.

The so called journalists on that rag are just sensationalist scumbags who like to stir the ire of those who don't possess much grey matter.

Unfortunately, some dumbheads will believe that crap, so don't go pointing your camera phone in a kiddie's swing park in Sun Reader Land.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Thermaltake Tsunami Dream
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    Yeah, precisely. What the Sun should have is a campaign to raise taxes in order to pay many more trained police and computer experts to crack the rings of paedophiles making and distributing the pictures. They're drastically underfunded.

raise taxes? are you mad we already pay the higest taxes in europe, I bet your a student or someone that doesnt have to pay the tax. I really dont think having the police patrol the internet is even going to be practical let alone help much. lets face it there are very few prossecutions for this kind of thing and the best solution would be to protect children from being abused at all rather than going round chasing peados on the internet. not that I am saying this kind of thing should be allowed on the internet it shouldnt but it is very easy to hide your identity on the net after all, it just takes is a few proxy servers and dodgy dial ups or wi fi hotspots and nobody is gonna know who it was. police should be concentrateing on making sure it doesnt happen in the first place, and taxes are high enough, maybe if the MoD wasnt wasting £3bn a year the governemt would have the money for it.
    HEXUS FOLDING TEAM It's EASY

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by G4Z
    raise taxes? are you mad we already pay the higest taxes in europe,
    Um, no we don't mate. CBA to check out every country's taxation rate now but I know for a fact that Sweden and France pay way higher rates of tax than us.

I bet your a student or someone that doesnt have to pay the tax.
    Wrong again, I've been paying tax since I was 20, and I've never had to sign on.

I really dont think having the police patrol the internet is even going to be practical let alone help much. lets face it there are very few prossecutions for this kind of thing
    Um, yeah, and that's because the police haven't got the resources to agressively crack down on online paedophiles. Look at Operation Ore, they sure as hell arrested everyone they could when they got good information from the FBI.

and the best solution would be to protect children from being abused at all rather than going round chasing peados on the internet.
    And how do you propose to do that? Put a policeman in every playground? I think if you catch the paedos you're going to protect children automatically.

not that I am saying this kind of thing should be allowed on the internet it shouldnt but it is very easy to hide your identity on the net after all, it just takes is a few proxy servers and dodgy dial ups or wi fi hotspots and nobody is gonna know who it was.
    Hmm, I don't know enough about the internet to know if that's true or not, but I'm pretty sure not every paedo is clued up enough to properly hide his/her identity, maybe the ringleaders are.

police should be concentrateing on making sure it doesnt happen in the first place
    Again, how?

and taxes are high enough, maybe if the MoD wasnt wasting £3bn a year the governemt would have the money for it.
    Yeah, I agree that's a waste.

Last edited by Rave; 24-01-2004 at 04:16 PM.

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    rave, overall when you take everything in to account, we pay the highest tax, i am sure of it, overall third of your wages in real terms. 44% is the figure I have read IIRC.
    in sweeden and france they have a high income tax but they dont have things like road tax and excessive fuel tax or a high sales tax, in europe they tax people directly but in this country the tax is all broken up so you never know how much your paying.

also finding out how to hide your identiy on-line is a google away. the most important thing is to use a proxy in a country outside the jurastiction of the country your in, when they trace who logged into what website they look at the IP and the IP they get is from the proxy you go through, not you. they then have to go to the proxy and find out where the data was sent from there, and of course they cant do that if the proxy is in like nigeria or sommat. obviously this is quite simplified and there are other measures you can take but my point is, why chase them around on-line for just looking (bad enough) when there actual people out there doing it for real and not even using the internet. is it not a fact that most child abuse is actually perpetrated by somebody the child knows?

I just think the resources could be better spent doing real police work rather than chasing IP addresses around the internet. I am not saying there is no point in watching for this stuff and having some officers dedicated to it, I just dont think that the manpower and resources should be directed at the internet because that is not where the abuse takes place. these people who search for this stuff clearly have issues but they are not all child abusers (have no figures on this as cba and am afraid to type word peadophile in, but seen a documentary on this), I think they need help more than anything.

Thanks
    i agree with you gaz, not all people who look at child pictures, would attack a child. tbut they still shouldnt get away with it..

but, they chase them round the internet for a reason, there are gangs of these men, who take photos while sexually abusing children, they then post these sites in the web, its an effort to catch the big fish starting with the little fish..

G4Z
    Thanks
    • G4Z's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA 965P-DS3
      • CPU:
      • Memory:
      • 4gb DDR2 5300
      • Storage:
      • 2.5Tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte HD4870 512mb
      • PSU:
      • Tagan 470W
      • Case:
      • Operating System:
      • Vista 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dual Acer 24" TFT's
      • Internet:
      • 16mb sky ADSL2
    oh yeah I agree, and when I say the police should concentrate on real life abusers that is exactly what I mean, the ones who make that stuff, the ones who attack kids, the gary glitters of this world should really be secondary (although I seem to remember he might have been caught messing with kids in the far east... but you know what i mean).

Thread Information