Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bush calls for gay marriage ban - WTF?

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slick
    That's why I said civil partnerships should be open to both gay and straight couples so those who are not religious can choose to have that instead of a marriage.
    But non-religious people can get "married" in a registry office. That has nothing to do with the church. Are you against that? If not, what difference is the sex of the people getting "married"?
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    what makes people heterosexual???

heterosexuality isn't normal it is just common.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    But non-religious people can get "married" in a registry office. That has nothing to do with the church. Are you against that? If not, what difference is the sex of the people getting "married"?
    Well I wouldn't be against same sex people getting married in a registry office, I just see it as a bit disrespectful if it was in a church.

Thanks
    I just think it's funny to resort to tabling a constitutional amendment for something so trivial. There have only been 27 in the past few centuries for gods sake.

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Well I wouldn't be against same sex people getting married in a registry office, I just see it as a bit disrespectful if it was in a church.
    I think gay marriages should be banned tbh.
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    lol ok well my reasoning for them being banned was because it's a religious ceremony. Just as I'm not a muslim and don't share their beliefs, I wouldn't go and get married in a mosque as other muslims would find it offensive, especially if the ceremony was based around something their religion disagrees with. I suggested a civil partnership which would have the same legal rights as a marriage but if they want to get married in a registry office which isn't a religious place, I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    I'm not going to post my comments on heterosexuality coz I'll get another earfull, but whatever they are one person does not have the right to tell two people they can't get married in any situation, be it in a church (which would be against the bible anyway, but there are gay priests - which totally goes against the religion they believe in!) or a registry office.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by directhex
    the issue of homosexuality being wrong is mentionned pretty much in only one section of the bible (i.e. Leviticus 18:22) - and is considered almost as dirty and sinful as sewing your fields with 2 types of grain, or wearing underpants with 1% lycra in them (Leviticus 19:19)
    The issue of homosexuality is mentioned about 14 times in the bible and the section in leviticus you're refering to says "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them " (Leviticus 20:13) I would say that's considered as a greater sin than wearing 1% lycra.

Don't get me wrong, I'm by no means homophobic. If going by what the bible says I prefer the Jesus attitude of love everyone. However you can't deny that the bible is against it and therefore would be disrespectful to ignore it.

Thanks
    • DeludedGuy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte H87M-HD3
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 4440
      • Memory:
      • 8GB DDR3 1800mhz
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 840 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte R9 270 OC 2GB
      • PSU:
      • BeQuiet Pure Power L8 600w
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08-E
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell U2414H
      • Internet:
      • 75Mb BT Infinity
    why? I think gay marriages should be banned tbh. It's a religious ceremony to unite a man and a woman, as religion disagrees with homosexuality I'm not sure same sex marriages should be allowed.

By all means allow cival partnerships etc for gay people, which give all the same legal rights as a marriage but I think it should be a seperate thing which both straight and gay people could do.
    I concur.

I'm Catholic, not the greatest participating Catholic in the world, but I try.

I have nothing against homosexual people, but I don’t agree with homosexual activity. Its what I believe in.

One skin, two skin......
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeludedGuy
    I concur.

I'm Catholic, not the greatest participating Catholic in the world, but I try.

I have nothing against homosexual people, but I don’t agree with homosexual activity. Its what I believe in.
    Why?

Thanks
    What worries me is the prospect of Kerry getting in - now he is a REAL nobrainer!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran
    What worries me is the prospect of Kerry getting in - now he is a REAL nobrainer!!
    I doubt he would be bad enough for anyone to set up a website like this about him.
    http://www.toostupidtobepresident.com/

Seems the only true democrat in the race was Howard Dean..

Thanks
    Now that is funny

I agree that Dean is probably the only true democrat, but he shot himslef in the foot with THAT speech.

The trouble with Kerry is that he is another Clinton, i.e. popularist, but without any of the political savvy (tho that was mostly Hillary) or economic sense. The US will just go down the pan for 4/5 years, mired in special interest lobbying

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Auran
    Now that is funny

I agree that Dean is probably the only true democrat, but he shot himslef in the foot with THAT speech.

The trouble with Kerry is that he is another Clinton, i.e. popularist, but without any of the political savvy (tho that was mostly Hillary) or economic sense. The US will just go down the pan for 4/5 years, mired in special interest lobbying
    It could hardly be worse than the special interests of the current administration. Like the website says, Bush/Cheney would invade the moon if Halliburton were lobbying to 'rebuild it'
    I'm happy to jump on the "anyone but Bush" bandwagon if it gets rid of repressive policies like the above.

Thanks
    As I do not, nor never intend to live in the US I'm not that bothered what they get up to from a social perspective. As long as their economy keeps growing so we don't have another world slump.

I know it's not very ethical from a 'brotherhood of man' perspective, but I'm taking the long term view that they can always overturn any 'daft' laws in 5 years time quite easily. Rebuilding an economy is a far more difficult prospect.....

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    hmm how can u disagree with two people engaging in consenual acts???? as for catholcism that is a religion that is obessesed with sex! i have no respect for anyone who supports the catholic church it has engaged in some of the worst injustices in human history.. from the raping of latin america, the inquisition , its links to fascism (franco in spain) its silence over the holocaust, the covering up of child abuse and the abuse and stigma it placed on single mothers!

some one who defends the catholic church has no right to lecture others on their activities especially when they are consenting!
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information