Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clare Short: We bugged Kofi Annan. Is this the end for Blair?

Goat Boy
    Thanks

Clare Short: We bugged Kofi Annan. Is this the end for Blair?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3488548.stm

British spies were bugging UN Secretary General Kofi Annan's office in the run up to the Iraq war, former UK cabinet minister Clare Short has claimed.

Ms Short said she had read transcripts of some of Mr Annan's conversations.

She said she recalled thinking, as she talked to Mr Annan: "Oh dear, there will be a transcript of this and people will see what he and I are saying."

Tony Blair said the claims were "deeply irresponsible" and appeared to cast doubt on her future as a Labour MP.
    Could this be the beginning of the end for Teflon Tony?

Please God, please
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3488548.stm

Could this be the beginning of the end for Teflon Tony?

Please God, please
    Unfortunately I don't think so. Seems no-one is really that bothered about it which is a bit sad really.
    Who would you replace the Cheshire cat with Beeny?

Thanks
    Oh come on everyones at it, every government has leaks and is bugging someone, its human nature at the end of the day and someone in power that has to make decisions can make those decisions better and are more likely to make the right decision if they know as much as they possibly can...

I know somethings that I shouldnt that'd scare you if u think bugging Annan is bad....

Thanks
    that thread title is soooooo mising an 're'

Nope - this will be a storm that will pass, just like everything else. A scapegoat will be found, but it won't be Tony

Thanks
    If there's one person in the Labour party I distrust more than TB it's Clare Short.

Note that I said distrust rather than detest: that honour goes to John Prescott.

Rich :¬)

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    apparently john prescotts family disowned him for saying he was middleclass lol he really is a muppet tho.. he gets all the rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish government posts lol like screwin over the firefighters. shows ye tho even if ur in governement u get rubbishrubbishrubbishrubbish on for being workin class.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    John Prescott gets shat on for being a fat, stupid greedy a$$hole. He's a traitor to the working classes IMO.

Rich :¬)

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    he is indeed a traitor but the funny thing is that he still doesn't fit totally in with the public school boy crowd thats what makes him such a pathetic character.
    "The less you eat, drink and buy books; the less you go to the theatre, the dance hall, the public house; the less you think, love, theorise, sing, paint, fence, etc., the more you save – the greater becomes your treasure which neither moths nor rust will devour – your capital. The less you are, the less you express your own life, the more you have, the greater is your alienated life, the greater is the store of your estranged being." Karl Marx

Thanks
    After watching the news it looks like this is getting a lot more interesting. Very high profile people getting amusingly angry

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andybasford
    Unfortunately I don't think so. Seems no-one is really that bothered about it which is a bit sad really.
    Who would you replace the Cheshire cat with Beeny?
    Well, ideally the LibDems but that aint gonna happen right now obviously.

In the interim, I think Gordon Brown would be a superior replacement, if Tony Benn is unavailable, of course
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Thanks
    Actually, all things considered DaBeenster I think the sheep in your sig is probably a better bet than all of them!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    Well, ideally the LibDems but that aint gonna happen right now obviously.

In the interim, I think Gordon Brown would be a superior replacement, if Tony Benn is unavailable, of course
    Gordon has certainly been making all the right noises and doesn't have a tarnished reputation..yet.
    One person I'd like to see with a proper job is Robin Cook.

Thanks
    i'd hate to see labour out of power.

conservatives steal from poor and feed the rich, and lib dems and labour but have yellow badges

Thanks
    Just remembered that in the next general election i get to vote

Think itll be for tories, if labour dont get their act together
    | XP1600-m | ASUS AN78X Deluxe | r9700 pro | 2x512mb pc37000 |

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by windog
    Actually, all things considered DaBeenster I think the sheep in your sig is probably a better bet than all of them!
    I dont really subscribe to the concept that "all politicians are bad". I think that obviously they are all in it for a certain amount of personal gain, power, prestige etc but I think a fair number of them are good decent people.

I've written to my local MP (Chris Smith) a couple of times and he has always replied with decent letters that actually answer what I asked.

I dunno. I'm a little older than some posters maybe - I used to have that attitude (that they were all ****ers) but I think that as I get older I have lost that a little. You have to have SOME faith in humanity, after all!

a scumbag, arghhhh
    Thanks
    hey ive faith ibn humanity but politicians can not be trusted EVER !!! if u want change u gotta do it urself, its not that politicians are personally bad people its just the nature of their position.

anyways i used to have a tank girl poster with her pointing a gun and around was "politicians one and all up against the f**king wall" not exactly elegant but essentially how i feel about them, ive been involved in so many campaigns were they have got involved promising all this stuf and they never fufill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information