Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Using what twisted logic will illegal assassinations lead to peace?

Goat Boy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Skii
    Fair point. I would say the ball has to be in the Palestinian authorities court to do play a more active role in curbing the activities of Hamas.

we are already seeing negotiation, we are already seeing the handover of Palestinian territory back to its rightful owners, not all of it admittedly, but its a start.

On the face of it it seems simple - the negotiations are starting, there is SOME light at the end of tunnel, but who stops shooting first without the guarantee that the other side won't fire back ? I think if the Israelis saw more activity from the Palestinian government to deal with the terrorist problem, they would be more inclined to stop shooting.

I'm not defending the actions of Israeli troops here, we hear of atrocities committed by them nearly every day, but until both governments start to do equal amounts to suppress terrorism, it ain't going to stop.
    Did you miss the events of last week? Bush basically dumped 40 years of US policy in an enormous swing towards Israel and away from the Palestinians...

I dont see how well negotiations can be carried out when the delegates are Bush and Sharon and no-one else!
    "All our beliefs are being challenged now, and rightfully so, they're stupid." - Bill Hicks

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    They will agree Beenster or die, so it seems anyway.
    Why negotiate when you can subjegate?
    The Cow by Ogden Nash
    The cow is of the bovine ilk;
    One end is moo, the other, milk.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBeeeenster
    Did you miss the events of last week? Bush basically dumped 40 years of US policy in an enormous swing towards Israel and away from the Palestinians...

I dont see how well negotiations can be carried out when the delegates are Bush and Sharon and no-one else!
    In all fairness I can't see Bush getting through the next USl election, and when he goes, how long will Sharon last ?

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    Then whoever follows Bush will not have the kojones to reverse the policy shift. Sharon has been around in politics longer than Bush and if he gets through his corruption charges then he could last a while.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash

Thanks
    Interesting that when Ahmed Yassin(Hamas' spiritual leader) was assassinated, the only country not to condemn the killing as unlawful, illegal, whatever was the US.
    They said they 'regretted' the incident.
    Knight 1: We are now no longer the Knights who say Ni.
    Knight 2: NI.
    Other Knights: Shh...
    Knight 1: We are now the Knights who say..."Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-Ekki-PTANG. Zoom-Boing. Z'nourrwringmm.

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    Ai the blind deaf man in the wheelchair who didn't even know when he was attacked the last time.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash

Thanks
    doesnt this 'war' seem a bit like iraq and the kurds 15 years ago, i wasnt even born then so i dont know if this i what is was like but i just wanna check.
    america helped iraq and made some dum mistakes towards gaining peace then 15 years later iraq is using weapons supplied by the us to destroy us tanks and soldiers do you think there is any chance of this happening again?
    Pete

Ex-PC enthusiast
    Thanks
    I dont think this would ever happen with Israel as it is the 53rd state of America, and the Christian right would not want to fight them in Israel either.
    The Cow by Ogden Nash

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information